Touch tone volume

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
OK, this is an odd issue, but maybe someone else has seen it.

How do I change the volume of keypad touch tones? They used to be about medium volume when I pressed a dialpad key, but now, for some reason, I can barely hear them. What's happened, and how do I fix it?

BTW, I checked my notification volume, and it's one notch below 100%. Call volume is about medium, where it's always been. For the life of me, I can't figure out what got changed. I even tried a battery pull, just to make sure nothing was wonky with Android, but nothing has helped.

Any ideas?

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Just to follow up, could this be corrupted data for the dialer app? Would clearing its data potentially resolve the issue, or could that cause some nasty side effects?

kalopsia

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure clearing the data for the dialer app just clears your call history. Don't hold me to that though.

As for the touch tone thing, go to settings --> sound and scroll down to audible touch tones, maybe you had it on long and it's on short now?

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure clearing the data for the dialer app just clears your call history. Don't hold me to that though.

As for the touch tone thing, go to settings --> sound and scroll down to audible touch tones, maybe you had it on long and it's on short now?

Already tried that, I'm afraid. Both long and short are at the same low volume level.

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Problem solved! In case this ever comes up for anyone else, I want to post the solution I got, quite by accident.

The other day, I installed Llama, which allows you to set up automatic profile changes based on time and/or location. Neat program. Anyway, when you edit a profile, one of the sound settings is called "system sounds volume". Mine was set almost all the way down. Bumped that up, and the problem is solved!

The funny thing is that I can't find a comparable setting anywhere in the OS, so, apparently, you need a third-party app to adjust it. Not sure how it got changed in the first place, but at least I fixed it.

Can anyone shed some light on this setting? BTW, I'm running all stock on my T-Bolt. No root, no custom ROM, nothing.

l0wr1d3r

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
For some people it seemed it wasn't that the keypad volume was low, but that the sound was coming through the earpiece instead of the speaker. Installing free app "Sound Manager" and messing with setting seems to solve issue... not sure why.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon