So how many times did your TBolt reboot this weekend?

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Wow, you are soooo negative. I thought people who bought Droid phones expected bugs and enjoyed rooting and fixing their phones to get them to work properly.

No, I don't enjoy that. I do expect bugs though. But I'd not root or load a custom room. I don't have a computer for one, and secondly I like stock.

I got an Android(I don't have a Droid) because I like Google products and services. And for the big touch screen.

I wasn't the one who called you negative in your other thread by the way. You're confusing me with the other girl here. Lol.

Accrete

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Same here. In fact, I have not experienced a reboot that I did not initiate pre or post update.
DITTO except for one time when i think the radio switched from 3d to 4g and back all in about a 5 minute drive by the only 4g in Portland Oregon.

I'm luving this phone!

shocka

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
so, like many of you, my thunderbolt has been re-booting and/or switching itself off FAR too regularly since the OTA. like a LOT. verizon oh-so-generously offered to send me a certified "like new" replacement. no.1 came - horrible light leakage. unacceptable. sent back. no.2 came - tiny little scratches all over the screen. unacceptable. sent back. then when i spoke to verizon for a third time today to get another phone sent out they really REALLY pissed me off. told me that the update and the replacement phones were sent out by HTC, not verizon. i told them that htc writes the updates but verizon only sends them out once they approve them. hence, VERIZON'S responsibility. i also explained that i have a contract with VERIZON not HTC and they are essentially in breach of contract by giving me a phone through which i am unable to access reliable phone and data service. if this 3rd phone is in some way defective then sh*t is going DOWN.

all in all sorely disappointed with the thunderbolt and how verizon has been to deal with.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
That sucks. I've had to get two replacement BlackBerry phones from VZW in the past and I was very happy with them. But I'm not willing to take a chance on my Thunderbolt and call for a refurbished phone. I have the reboots but only once in a while or while using Navigation. I'm going to wait for an OS patch and hope that comes soon.

pbody

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Congrats to all the TB users who have not experienced reboots.

In my case, I've had three today - the most recent occurring while online using Firefox to view a very uncomplicated Web page - The other reboot that I recall from today was during a game (Doodle Jump). I had two or three over the weekend. I am not rooted and have installed the OTA.

These reboots -- with all due respect and kudos to the many who have not experienced them -- are incredibly annoying. I'm starting not to have confidence when I turn on the device that I will be able to do anything other than make a call without risking a reboot.

Bill
You haven't experienced a reboot while talking on the phone? I have had 6 or so reboots since update a week ago and twice have been while on the phone... with customers no less! Oh well, other than these annoyances, I freaking LOVE this phone. Came from a Blackberry Tour on US Cellular.

Diabl0

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Well it had stopped rebooting itself for a few days. Yesterday it started again the worst I've seen it. It rebooted 10 times within a few hours. :mad:

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
After a factory data reset earlier this week my phone reboots less but now it turns itself off for no apparent reason. This is really getting OLD! :(

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Three reboots driving to the store and back, about 20 minutes of time - the phone quite literally spent more time rebooting than actually working. This makes it impossible to use it to listen to podcasts and so on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow