Unable to connect to Data Network

mychlan

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed the last few days that when I arrive at work suddenly I have no data connection. Checking phone I see that I have three bars or so...but no 4G-3G-1x at all. Then I checked the network settings and see that Mobile Networks shows error connecting. I turn Mobile Network off/on and get message 'to use wifi when avaliable.' So then I preform a bat pull and once it comes back up...4G is connected. Anyone else seen this?

more info:
had 4G connection before arriving at work
recently got a new BodyGlove case(no change when removing it though)

:-\

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed the last few days that when I arrive at work suddenly I have no data connection. Checking phone I see that I have three bars or so...but no 4G-3G-1x at all. Then I checked the network settings and see that Mobile Networks shows error connecting. I turn Mobile Network off/on and get message 'to use wifi when avaliable.' So then I preform a bat pull and once it comes back up...4G is connected. Anyone else seen this?

more info:
had 4G connection before arriving at work
recently got a new BodyGlove case(no change when removing it though)

:-\
I'd venture a guess that there are prolly a hundred threads on this issue. Might want to take a look at some. Also, the stickies provide some workarounds to this issue.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...olutions-tracker-battery-tips-4-5-update.html

-Frank

mychlan

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks...I had searched and found that but was thinking it only affected 3G...And although being in a 4G area I must drive through a 3G zone or something. O well...I guess no Voice/Data until they resolve this...

using fix:

As I am sure many of you have noticed 3G data is down on your Thunderbolts. As I have discovered from some talks with Verizon techs the reason for this is that Verizon's eHPRD 3G network is down right now. This is the specialized 3G network used only on the Thunderbolt and supports voice and data at the same time and faster 3G/4G switching. Until this is fixed you can manually fix this by dialing ##778# and hitting send in your dialer. The password is 000000. This will take you to your programming screen. Go to modem settings and then Rev A, change it to enabled and then hit the menu button on your phone and commit the changes. It will tell you to reboot and the problem will be fixed as you will now use the standard Rev A 3G networked used on all other Verizon 3G devices and of course if you have 4G it will use that if its available.

There is no need to do a hard reset. Basically when you first set up the phone it automatically provisions this setting based on whether or not eHPRD is available in your area which is why when you hard reset it fixes the problem for people as the phone will then automatically change this setting to Rev A enabled since eHPRD is down.

Obviously once Verizon fixes this issue you will want to change this setting back unless of course Verizon is able to push this change out to all of the phones when the problem is fixed.

Also for those worrying this doesn't do anything to change 4G as that is unrelated so your 4G will work the same as it did before doing this.