Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    None

Default Samsung Charge Free of Charge!!

Wifie is having reboot issues with her phone mine is fine. So I called Verizon today and said look we have had this thing replaced several times now and we are still having bad reboot issues with this one handset. Verizon girl says Oh I know we are having issues with that handset since the software update what can we do to fix your problem. Startled I say.... Ahhhh I would like a handset that works properly....she says would you like to try a Charge instead?????? I'm like your going to send me a new phone Oh yea let me see if I have any in stock Oh yea I do I say OK! she says it will be FedEx overnight. WOW! Now im not a big fan of the phone but at least Wifie will have a new handset.
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

Cool, the charge is 300 also, isnt it?
    High Five Champion

ROM
    CM9 Nightlies

Wow, thats pretty cool actually. I just got a replacement today for my TB but im not gonna send my old one back until I see the new one does work well.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by zero neck View Post
    Cool, the charge is 300 also, isnt it?
    Its more yes. Im not sure if they will send a refurb or even if they have any yet. I did remind her that I don't have batteries and charger etc and she said don't worry it will come with them so will see.
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidXTC View Post
    Its more yes. Im not sure if they will send a refurb or even if they have any yet. I did remind her that I don't have batteries and charger etc and she said don't worry it will come with them so will see.
    Awesome hope you guys like it

Global Posts
    11,761 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Played around with a Charge today at the Verizon store. Nice screen although not a fan of the physical buttons. Although it's a matter of personal preference, I didn't find the Charge to be too "plasticky" as described by others.

i've been having battery problems with my thunderbolt, saying how come the stock droid charge lasts 2 days with usage, while my ext batt tb won't even make it 24 hours on idle. talked to a 2nd level rep for a while and she basically said, what do you want to do, do you want a droid charge? if i had wanted one, i'm sure i could get one. though, the main reason for the phone is skype which the droid charge does not have, so i didn't persue that avenue.

btw, it seems like the ext battery is out everywhere, they wanted to send me a free ext battery, but could not since there were none in stock in their warehouse, and none in stock at my local store either. oh well.

Global Posts
    951 Global Posts

yeah verizon tries to make their customers happy they did it for me a few times. but when i used the charge on a flash heavy website it fc all the time.

I've called Verizon twice now about my phone power cycling and can not get them to send me a replacement. I was told tonight that it will be fixed with there next update and to be patient. Im losing my patience with this phone and Verizon.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by sheldonblack View Post
    I've called Verizon twice now about my phone power cycling and can not get them to send me a replacement. I was told tonight that it will be fixed with there next update and to be patient. Im losing my patience with this phone and Verizon.
    Call again ask for a supervisor. Keep calling until you get an agent that gives a $hit.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidXTC View Post
    Call again ask for a supervisor. Keep calling until you get an agent that gives a $hit.
    i agree. it really depends on who you get. also, you should talk to a 2nd level tech. the initial techs don't really answer anything beyond the very basic technical questions.

i had a first level tech tell me, "there is no troubleshooting guide for the thunderbolt". uh huh.

Quote Originally Posted by StayFly View Post
    yeah verizon tries to make their customers happy they did it for me a few times. but when i used the charge on a flash heavy website it fc all the time.
    have you tried a third party browser like dolphin or did you use only the stock browser.

I had a faulty power button on my first Tb. Then the replacement had screen separation problems. Now this third replacement shuts off in my pocket constantly. I've tried everything. When I called vzw they told me there isn't anything they can do about it. Should I try to go in a store and see what they say?
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

ROM
    None

Well here is how they exchanged it. The phone is not a refub that I can tell no added stickers of any kind. They sent a service replacement phone and all retail packaged accessories including the battery and the battery door that did not come with the phone itself.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Samsung Charge Free of Charge!!-charge.jpg  

So do you think if i start a "fit" in a vzw corporate store...they will give me the new one as well as if i say i did the master reset and the ota and it still reboots....mine also has gps, screen issues....keyboard issues...and just shuts off...not even reboots sometimes...
    Smartphones to date: ~Palm Pre Plus, Droid Incredible, Droid X, HTC THUNDERBOLT~

"DROID ARMY, ASSEMBLE!
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOX2 View Post
    So do you think if i start a "fit" in a vzw corporate store...they will give me the new one as well as if i say i did the master reset and the ota and it still reboots....mine also has gps, screen issues....keyboard issues...and just shuts off...not even reboots sometimes...
    Im not sure how far you will get in a store, I did this all through tech support on the phone.

did you get a replacement phone yet?

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    did you get a replacement phone yet?
    @androidxtc- Im not sure how far you will get in a store, I did this all through tech support on the phone.

Im going friday to the vzw corporate store here on university in FL....there pretty nice and if they don't give me a new phone...not refurbished...new...i paid 600 out for a defective screen, no typing, short circuited, short battery life, almost no gps phone....no...if not ill call corporate...

If by the end of an hour or 2 i don't have one, htc will be hearing from me...
    Smartphones to date: ~Palm Pre Plus, Droid Incredible, Droid X, HTC THUNDERBOLT~

"DROID ARMY, ASSEMBLE!
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

ROM
    None

@androidxtc- Im not sure how far you will get in a store, I did this all through tech support on the phone.

Im going friday to the vzw corporate store here on university in FL....there pretty nice and if they don't give me a new phone...not refurbished...new...i paid 600 out for a defective screen, no typing, short circuited, short battery life, almost no gps phone....no...if not ill call corporate...

If by the end of an hour or 2 i don't have one, htc will be hearing from me...
    Shhhhhhhhhhh...Me Likie Chargie

I tried to have the thunderbolt replaced again today. All they offered me was another refurbished thunderbolt. I was told they don't do multi fru replacements anymore. She suggested I sell the tb on Craigslist and buy a new phone if I don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by jason821 View Post
    i tried to have the thunderbolt replaced again today. All they offered me was another refurbished thunderbolt. I was told they don't do multi fru replacements anymore. She suggested i sell the tb on craigslist and buy a new phone if i don't like it.
    wtf? A verizon rep said go sell it on craigs list and go buy a new one....where the f...do you live? Lol

"DROID ARMY, ASSEMBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by jason821 View Post
    I tried to have the thunderbolt replaced again today. All they offered me was another refurbished thunderbolt. I was told they don't do multi fru replacements anymore. She suggested I sell the tb on Craigslist and buy a new phone if I don't like it.
    you'd have a tough time getting a new one from vzw, their standard policy is a refurb.

btw, their 100+point inspection doesn't directly cover most of the problems with the tb such as frequent restarts, high drain idle, gps lock problem, etc. so most likely, the same phones with problems are passed around and around...

The Charge is actually a pretty decent device. I was in a verizon store the other day checking one out. Im not a fan of Touch Wiz though. I downloaded Go Launcher Ex on the device while in store and thought it was much better than the stock UI on that phone. Good Luck to you and your Wife. Im sure she'll enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    btw, their 100+point inspection doesn't directly cover most of the problems with the tb such as frequent restarts, high drain idle, gps lock problem, etc. so most likely, the same phones with problems are passed around and around...
    After seeing some of the phones they've sent, their 100pt inspection is BS anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by PJnc284 View Post
    After seeing some of the phones they've sent, their 100pt inspection is BS anyways.
    Such is true of a number of certification programs. My point is, even if they follow the procedure, it does not have them directly check most of the issues people are having
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast