Another Reboot Thread, but a question

dms76

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm reading conflicting threads that says the reboot is a result of a bad update and others tend to think it's a bad radio. Here is what I noticed when I charge my phone at night I shut down the phone to charge. I have no reboots at all during the first half of the morning. However when I charge the phone during the afternoon I leave the phone on. Approximately 6-7 hrs after the 2nd charge is when the phone will just up and reboot. I'm just wondering if the firmware upgrade truely did not take, if it's radio issues, or hardware issues.

The Radio I was using is:
1.13.605.7 CDMA/LTE radio combo.
CDMA Radio version: 1.16.00.0402w_1
LTE radio version that came with 1.13.605.7

So I did try and use:
1.12.605.6 CDMA/LTE radio combo.
CDMA Radio version: 1.16.00.0223r
LTE radio version that came with 1.12.605.6

Just random thoughts that may not mean much to anyone or maybe someone else might notice the same thing.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I found just today that my phone had rebooted during the night last night when I checked my uptime this afternoon. I checked it because the phone FC'ed on me when I received a call. Never had this happen to me before (had it since the day it went on sale) and it doesn't make my happy. I really don't know at this point what is causing the issues with the TB but all it will take is one more reboot for me to get rid of the TB and move on to something else.

I use my phone for business purposes and the call it dumped on me today was from another company owner who had called me and this just isn't acceptable to me. I could understand it if I was in a blind area and lost the call but that didn't happen, I was in my office with a good signal and the phone did a force close.

I love the TB but it is a prerequisite that I have a well working and reliable phone.

dms76

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I know my DINC reboots on occasion if I don't charge it powered off or at least reboot it myself once a day. Never figured it out, but since i power it off every night to charge it was never an issue. Why I was thinking maybe that had something to do with it. However people much smarter than I in these forums probably have better ideas.

mercury694

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I agree the phone should be as well insulated from the software as is possible.

On the plus side, the replacement that Verizon sent me has not rebooted or FC'ed once in the 3 days I've had it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463