Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default t-bolt going to news feeds app

My thunderbolt automatically goes to the news feed app when I unlock it. Is anyone else having this problem?

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, for now

Quote Originally Posted by smokeeater218 View Post
    My thunderbolt automatically goes to the news feed app when I unlock it. Is anyone else having this problem?
    Yes. A solution would be great.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Just checked the settings and didn't see anything you could change. I have never heard of this before, have you tried to clear cache and data in the news app? If that doesn't work I'm not sure what to do but I will look around for you.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

I was about to make a thread on this, I don't even know how to open it myself but every time I wake up it's on that stupid rss screen

Yep, me too. I've tried clearing the data and cache, and now it just goes to a blank news feed screen.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Was doing the same to me.
    Took it off my home screen and it hasn't been back.

Same here, news feed appears randomly quite often. Ever since I set it up a couple months ago, I can't get it to update with new stories. I tried to unsubscribe from everything, and it just says "cannot unsubscribe".

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I had both of those issues (RSS feeds randomly popping up and not updating news stories).

What worked for me, was I just did a force close and cleared the cache. I restarted my phone and when I opened up the news feeds, it just automatically updated itself, while also taking care of the pop up problem. More than likely, it had something to do with a new app or my lancher.

If u want to avoid this problem altogether, I would suggest just downloading the official Google Reader or GReader. I have the latter, and couldn't be happier. Hope that helps.
    "WOW...that was close. For a second there, you almost bored me."
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderC View Post
    I had both of those issues (RSS feeds randomly popping up and not updating news stories).

What worked for me, was I just did a force close and cleared the cache. I restarted my phone and when I opened up the news feeds, it just automatically updated itself, while also taking care of the pop up problem. More than likely, it had something to do with a new app or my lancher.

If u want to avoid this problem altogether, I would suggest just downloading the official Google Reader or GReader. I have the latter, and couldn't be happier. Hope that helps.
    Thanks for this info. That brings up an annoyance...most apps don't seem to have an official "exit" button. You just have to back your way out of everything. I'm a smartphone newb, so I may be missing something, but I just checked my Manage Applications, and I am shocked how many apps are "running".

I recommend PULSE for your news feed reader needs. It's the best I've ever used.

Quote Originally Posted by smoother View Post
    Thanks for this info. That brings up an annoyance...most apps don't seem to have an official "exit" button. You just have to back your way out of everything. I'm a smartphone newb, so I may be missing something, but I just checked my Manage Applications, and I am shocked how many apps are "running".

Yeah, that's standard Android. However, Froyo and later will take care of most open and unused apps. However, this doesn't apply to apps that has permission to "keep phone from sleeping".
    Thanked by: