battery cover becoming loose?

Gravytrain

May 11, 2011
Visit site
For those of you who use extra batteries, after multiple removals of the back to replace your battery, has the cover become really loose? At first mine was Damn near welded on there and now I can barely pull and it comes right off... Is this a common finding? Tia

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I never remove my cover and it creaks. It's still on tight and difficult to remove though. Many people, including myself, have used electrical tape to stop the creaking.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Where'd you put the tape? Don't tell me on the outside :-[

No, I've seen some put the tape on the edge by the battery while avoiding the latest that the back grips on to. However, my phone had creaking on the bottom so I put the tape on the battery door itself. Right on the bottom edges on each side. Not on the clip but right by it. And yes, on the inside lol.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
For those of you who use extra batteries, after multiple removals of the back to replace your battery, has the cover become really loose? At first mine was Damn near welded on there and now I can barely pull and it comes right off... Is this a common finding? Tia

I have been swapping batteries twice a day for over a month. My cover is not the least bit loose, it opens a little easier for me now - but that is because I have gotten better at it from the shear repetition of the process.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I never remove my cover and it creaks. It's still on tight and difficult to remove though. Many people, including myself, have used electrical tape to stop the creaking.

Electrical tape to stop the creaking.
Random rebooting.
Out of whack GPS.
Non-working Audio.
1-2 hour battery use.
etc, etc, etc.

This is not your dream phone.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
For those of you who use extra batteries, after multiple removals of the back to replace your battery, has the cover become really loose?
No. I have two standard covers. The one I use 99 percent of the time is the same as the one I use 1 percent of the time.

-Frank

tbns

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I've been through two Thunderbolts so far - first one had three dead pixels, second one had annoying creaking coming from the frame around the screen (left side, right where your thumb would be if you're holding the phone for a call). All replaced with no hassle.

Now this third one has a creak when you press the power button down, and creaks in the same place as the last one, on the frame where my thumb goes for a call. I've never taken the battery cover off, and it seems to be in place well. Sounds like it's coming from the frame itself. The models in the store didn't have this; my friend's iPhone 4 is rock-solid (just saying!). I've already ordered a case, so I figure I'll see if the case covers up the creaks so I can avoid looking like 'that guy' who's way too nit picky and taking back my phone a third time.

Not trying to derail thread, but I'm just throwing that out there. If it bothers you, you might be able to take it back and get it covered. I do love this phone - awesome screen, and Android is leaps and bounds more fun than iOS. So I'll just chalk it up to being a new LTE phone.

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
No issue here and I have four extra batteries. You can buy a new cover from vzw.

Sent from the Bolt via Tapatalk

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Electrical tape to stop the creaking.
Random rebooting.
Out of whack GPS.
Non-working Audio.
1-2 hour battery use.
etc, etc, etc.

This is not your dream phone.

I suppose you are trolling, but I'll take the bait. :)

No creaking here.
GPS lock fast and gets me under 3 meters accuracy quick.
No audio? What?
About 12hours of use before I care to look at the battery. Could be better, but is OK.
One of the best devices I have owned.

So, if you aren't just trolling, why haven't you gotten that thing replaced? It is a simple phone call to VZW support.

thozgyz

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Haven't tried the card trick. But my electrical tape trick should stop the creak and give it a snug fit. Make sure the tape isn't exposed on the outside tho. Just cut very small little pieces and place them where it creaks. MAKE sure there small enough as to not cover your antenna connections. Start with one layer and use a second layer over your first if needed. I think they shouldn't name phones after the weather! Blackberry storm, thunderbolt. Think you get the picture. There cursed I tell ya, CURSED! Now introducing the new HTC tsunami. The Blackberry earthquake. Lol. Now I'm just being silly. Or am i? Mother natures pissed!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1