Thunderbolt Volume Issue

JRLiger

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I set my ringer volume one tick above mute. Phone rings and as I'm reaching into my pocket to get the phone the volume proceeds to get louder and louder until it's probably as loud as the external speaker goes (I'm guessing). Finish the phone call and check my ringer volume since I clearly must have hit the volume up button as I reached for my phone... but it's exactly where I left it, one tick above mute.

WTH? Anyone else experiencing this? is there some setting I'm not aware of that causes the ringer to keep increasing volume?

EricWiz

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
There is a setting on the phone to make the ring louder in a pocket. You will need to shut that off to fix your issue.

Goto Settings -> Sound -> and uncheck pocket mode

Reactions: Chrisy

Rem

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I haven't noticed the difference being that extreme on mine, but do you have "Pocket mode" selected under the Sound settings?

Edit: Too slow!

Reactions: Chrisy

dreitzell78

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
For some reason now when I type or dial a phone#, the keyboard sound is very loud. I didn't change anything. Any suggestions? I have looked but can't find where to change it

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
For some reason now when I type or dial a phone#, the keyboard sound is very loud. I didn't change anything. Any suggestions? I have looked but can't find where to change it

not sure how to reduce the sound, but i just turned off audible touch tones in the sounds menu.