Thunderbolt stuck in Hboot
06-26-2011 02:43 AM
- I've checked other threads but can seem to find anything for the Tbolt stuck in hboot. it looks for some img.zip files but no joy. then it just goes back to the hboot screen. I'm not rooted. the phone is about a month old. The recovery freezes . the factory reset starts and returns to the hboot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.05-28-2011 05:22 PM
- Hum, try pulling your SD card out and selecting reboot option. What were you doing for this to happen initially?
If the above option doesn't work you might be able to load a RUU (the image zip it looks for) onto your SD card and have it flash that.
If you cant figure out how to get it working I'm sure VZW will replace it for free.
See this thread if you want to try loading the recent RUU on there-
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...ted-users.html05-28-2011 05:41 PM
1- Download the ~400MB file from the linked page in the thread I posted in my last post. MAKE sure you download the one for NON-root users since that is what you are.
2- Verify the MD5 sums are the same (use this MD5 checker if you don't have one. MD5summer - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Downloads)
3- Make sure the 400MB file is labeled PG05IMG.zip, If you're in windows make sure that it's not zip.zp.
4- Put the file on the root of the SD card ( aka not in any Folders)
Boot into Hboot (volume down +power)
5- It should automatically load up and agree to the update
6 Once done it prompts to press power to reboot, do it.
7 If all goes well take the 400MB file off you SD card once done. If you leave it on every time you go to Hboot it will try and instal it.
MD5 should be 4fcc7cf0c4b112667e5caa5a2a4557ee05-28-2011 05:57 PM
- Md5 is just a way to make sure the download was not corrupted. You run the program from cnet and paste the md5 into the program and also load the 400mb file into it and the program will verify them.
Are you saying that in hboot it installs the pg05img file or not?05-28-2011 08:41 PMLike 1
- The hboot loaded the ruu fine bypassing the TP load. everthing else went fine. After the reboot the I removed the battery, removed the sd card, removed the ruu reversed the process and restarted the phone. still in the hboot and during the startup i catch inage not found or wrong image. then back to the hboot home screen.
Thx, for the help. if you think of anything a newb can try let me know.05-29-2011 08:00 AM
- Forgetful, I want to thank you for the help. I left the phone on the charger all night, shut it completely down, posted the earlire message tried it one more time and it booted correctly. First the white HTC then the Quietly Brilliant (Different) then the music... Hopefully it will continue to run.05-29-2011 08:47 AM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
Thunderbolt stuck in Hboot
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD