Ya'All Got Screwed.. Come And Get Your FREE Thunderbolt Or Charge!

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah because a special holiday sale that is from a third party TWO MONTHS after phone is released has any relevance on what most of us paid in 2 year upgrade two months ago right? E for effort plus wording on it says NEW two year contract so new line or new customer won't work with upgrade according to all terms and conditions of the deal.

Reactions: Chrisy

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah because a special holiday sale that is from a third party TWO MONTHS after phone is released has any relevance on what most of us paid in 2 year upgrade two months ago right? E for effort plus wording on it says NEW two year contract so new line or new customer won't work with upgrade according to all terms and conditions of the deal.
Exactly, like I'm going to wait two months to get a device so I can save a lousy $250. I'd much rather have it at launch and pay the premium than wait months to have a new device I'm lusting after. I'm much more likely to pay full retail than try and save money. :D If a Verizon version of the Sensation arrives I'll be doing just that. :)

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Exactly, like I'm going to wait two months to get a device so I can save a lousy $250. I'd much rather have it at launch and pay the premium than wait months to have a new device I'm lusting after. I'm much more likely to pay full retail than try and save money. :D If a Verizon version of the Sensation arrives I'll be doing just that. :)

Well and as iLLusive said it's for new lines only. Why would I want to wait 2 months to 'save' $199 when I would need another line plus another data line. Just the added line would cost $240 over the contract and I'm only paying $9.99 a month for unlimited data right now.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, it wasn't known that this special was going to happen. So we didn't have a choice to wait 2 months for a free Tbolt.

Heck, I could wait 2 years and it would be free. I thought about doing that!

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
There is ALWAYS going to be a sale/price drop/promotion at some point....so saying you didn't have a choice is not really true. If anyone is concerned about the price I would always suggest waiting at least two months after launch when you will inevitably be able to get it for cheaper.

Reactions: orchidsbloom

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
There is ALWAYS going to be a sale/price drop/promotion at some point....so saying you didn't have a choice is not really true. If anyone is concerned about the price I would always suggest waiting at least two months after launch when you will inevitably be able to get it for cheaper.

Well if you are within the exchange period you should be able to get your money back..:D

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
The odds of getting one of these phones free is almost as hard as winning the lottery. Ya, tell people to return their phone so they can not get one of these. Also, one year ftw.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

SF DINC

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
This only benefits those who are ready to sign a new two year contract NOW....I am more then happy to have paid my $250 on launch day. Read the fine print, with a NEW 2 year activation.....I have enjoyed my phone for two months, have it rooted and where I like it. If you are ready to upgrade now, then this deal maybe the way to go, but I don't feel like any of us got SCREWED as you say, please explain how we were SCREWED, as your OP makes no sense to those of us who purchased on release date...

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I know XTC said he had a wife before, but i don't believe him. He never sounds old enough. :) j/k ...kinda, lol

And again, "almost 20" phones, and people on the blog are talking about it as if it's a viable option, lol. That junk will be gone in half a second.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
before, i had no problems buying a 2 year contract because of the annual upgrade, but now, w/o annual upgrade and no one year contracts, one of the major incentives is the unlimited data, i hope they grandfather that for me, otherwise, i may decide to go another route in a year when my contract ends.

also, i doubt they are going to change to a tiered plan on people with existing devices, i think , at worst, you keep the unlimited data for as long as you keep this device, but once you upgrade, they may require a tiered data plan. though, i hope that does not happen.