1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

Default Memory Card - How do I view it?

How do I view/open documents on my memory card from my phone? I've saved multiple word documents (from email > save), but I can't figure out how to view my documents from my phone (I know how to view them when my phone is hooked up to my computer, but I want to see them from the phone).

Thanks.

ROM
    CM7 RC1.2

ES Explorer Astro etc...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    -SoDev

Quote Originally Posted by gnGracie View Post
    How do I view/open documents on my memory card from my phone? I've saved multiple word documents (from email > save), but I can't figure out how to view my documents from my phone (I know how to view them when my phone is hooked up to my computer, but I want to see them from the phone).

Thanks.
    Yeah you need Astro, or a File Manager and you should be able to go through your SD Card....You should be able to download them from the app store....I use Astro and since I been rooted, I use File Manager which is in the BAMF 1.7 ROM. Hope that helps.
    Geek Freak

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts

I use and really like Astro File Manager, free and easy to use.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1

astro is great, and allows you to backup apps as well

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

I think Astro File Manager (free, or a coupla bucks to prevent ads) and Officesuite Pro MS Office Suite compatible - now $14.95 - is the very best solution. These are what I use. Both avaialbe in the Market.

However, using only what is included on your phone: Open Apps | QuickOffice. You should see your documents listed there.

-Frank
    Last edited by FrankXS; 05-29-2011 at 10:59 PM.
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

Thanks for all of the help. I'm using ES, but I'll be checking out Astro as well. :-)

ROM
    CM7 RC1.2

Quote Originally Posted by gnGracie View Post
    Thanks for all of the help. I'm using ES, but I'll be checking out Astro as well. :-)
    Doesn't hurt to have two but I switched from Astro to ES because it was nicer. If you ever root, Root Explorer is king. And the makers also have a nice free version simply called Explorer.

Sent from the Bolt via Tapatalk
    -SoDev

Default Re: Memory Card - How do I view it?

i have sony sola and it has internal memory 4gb and i have astro but i cant axis my memory card file from it i only read the internal memory pz help me