Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Default Google Voice after OTA

One thing that I've noticed is that since the OTA, I can't address messages via google voice to send to people. Not sure what is up with that, but you'd think that a device that is endorsed by Google would do a better job of making sure it works properly with Google and all of its features.

No prob here. Did you try uninstall reinstall?
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,537 Global Posts

Yeah, I'm not having that issue. I use the Google Voice app to send SMS. One thing I did notice is that I now have to tap on the email addy when it populates. Not sure if I had to do that before.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by CallerHoller View Post
    No prob here. Did you try uninstall reinstall?
    Tried that, but no luck.
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,703 Global Posts

Google Voice works just like it always has...

Slightly OT, but I've been having trouble using GV SMS. When sending a a message, it freezes, getting stuck on the "sending" dialog box. The only way to get out of this endless loop is to force close, and sometimes I then am able to send the message afterwards, but not always, those times I have to uninstall/reinstall. Very annoying. I have looked round for help, and it seems I am not alone with this problem. No help from Google.
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,537 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bluelite View Post
    Slightly OT, but I've been having trouble using GV SMS. When sending a a message, it freezes, getting stuck on the "sending" dialog box. The only way to get out of this endless loop is to force close, and sometimes I then am able to send the message afterwards, but not always, those times I have to uninstall/reinstall. Very annoying. I have looked round for help, and it seems I am not alone with this problem. No help from Google.
    I had this issue constantly on my BlackBerry using Google voice app. I had to robot the device when it happned, and resend the SMS.

Hasn't happened on my Android yet. Do we have the same version of Google VOICE?

I have version 0.4.2.24
    I did not have this bug initially, it popped up after using this for some time.