Skype with Video

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have this working well? If so, can you please link what APK you're using? I put the original leak on mine and my wifes phones, but I cannot get the video to work...it just never starts. This would be HUGE for us, because it would provide a good phone to computer solution.

Thanks in advance, I have a little time now and want to get this working.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I have 1.0.1.1025 and it didn't work last time I tried, which was right after it leaked.

I'm just curious if there is a newer/better version that's out or if people are somehow having success with the version I (we) have...

Thanks!

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I have the same version but it has been working fine for me... But all my video calls have been overseas. I haven't tried video calls stateside though my contacts in the States do show up as online.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the leaked version and it works, though crashes sometimes. Video quality varies, but certainly good.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'll give it a try again tonight, once I get to my wifes phone and can get it installed on hers. Next test...to call the computer.

Thanks.

hmfoster

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I have tried to get it to work. Non rooted phone, Install went fine, tried to sign in with the same info for my pc login , it tries for a minute thane returns the Can't Sign In message, Were sorry but we couldn't sign you in. Please try again later. Tried quite a few time to no avail. Any ideas ?
Thanks
Harvey

dkoss

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Running version 1.0.1.1025 everything works fine, and actually doesn't look bad over 3G. Hope you can get it working.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have tried to get it to work. Non rooted phone, Install went fine, tried to sign in with the same info for my pc login , it tries for a minute thane returns the Can't Sign In message, Were sorry but we couldn't sign you in. Please try again later. Tried quite a few time to no avail. Any ideas ?
Thanks
Harvey

make sure your internet connection is active. i've had a problem with it showing 4G, but no internet connectivity, and went into skype, and it would say can't sign in. you can try to open a web page right before you open skype.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Earlier today I called a friend in CT on her iPhone. Voice and audio both were fine. Both of us were outdoors and on 3G. However we got disconnected a few times. I wonder if it was her phone or mine. My calls overseas to computers don't get disconnected.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Earlier today I called a friend in CT on her iPhone. Voice and audio both were fine. Both of us were outdoors and on 3G. However we got disconnected a few times. I wonder if it was her phone or mine. My calls overseas to computers don't get disconnected.

3G is fine if you have good 3G speed in your area. Otherwise, the picture quality might not be that good. For example, i just tested the speed, 3G is around 0.5mbps, 4G is 10mbps. Of course, this will vary depending on the load of the servers.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
the version i posted earlier works for me.

tried it last night--
on 4G to computer
and picture/video was actually clearer than i've seen in any other program (qik, tango, fring)

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I was able to succeed in making a video call Bolt to Bolt last night over 3G. My wife and I were sitting next to each other on the couch so we didn't keep the call active for long, but she is going to try doing a video call with her sister (who will be on a computer) today and let me know how it works.

thinknate

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I've used it successfully to call a PC user. The first time, it didn't work, so she updated the Skype PC app, and then it worked. It does occasionally hang up or even crash my phone, but otherwise it works ok.

Slapnpop826

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
The leaked version has worked for me with varying degrees of success. I have found Yahoo to be more consistent, especially phone to pc. Phone to phone video chat i have gotten the best results with Fring and Tango using headphones to deal with the audio situation. Qik is not bad either and actually works well without the headphone fix.

Also Skype does work over bluetooth.

swolfdo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I ran it on my thunderbolt and it worked. Then I freaked out and deleted it because I read about the security issue. Is the security issue real??? I am wondering if this is just put out there by verizon or skype to keep people from using the leaked version. I read that a statement was released by skype that they had no reports of 3rd party malicious behaviour but did not recommend using the leaked version.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I ran it on my thunderbolt and it worked. Then I freaked out and deleted it because I read about the security issue. Is the security issue real??? I am wondering if this is just put out there by verizon or skype to keep people from using the leaked version. I read that a statement was released by skype that they had no reports of 3rd party malicious behaviour but did not recommend using the leaked version.
I read that it transmits all the naked pictures on your phone to other phones on your Family Share Plan. :)

-Frank

Reactions: Chrisy

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084