1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default App instal l& upgrade/ App to SD/ SD unmount ISSUES!

I have a completely stock HTC Thunderbolt.

I can access my music saved on the SD card.

But I cannot even connect it to my laptop via USB disk drive. It shows a CD drive? I cannot install/update apps at all or access my Apps to SD.

For a while when I'd reboot the phone, it'd fix the issue. Then it became every other reboot would be successful..Then less and less to no longer.

I've tried formatting the SD card through my computer, and putting the file from it back on using USB connection...I can't even unmount the SD card from the settings menu. It gives me an error and force closes. I can't seem to find anything else in the forums about what to do...I only wanna do factory data reset as a last option....HELP?!

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Annamatopia View Post
    But I cannot even connect it to my laptop via USB disk drive. It shows a CD drive?!
    I'm a little unclear as to exactly what you are tying to do. But I will say one thing - all TBolts should show a CD drive and should also show a standard removable disk drive. Have you looked for another drive other than the CD drive? If you can find the other drive, use that. Don't try to use the CD drive (long story).

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]