1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default MMS Fix Ever?

When I first got my Bolt the day it came out, MMS sending and receiving worked fine. It worked well for a few weeks, but one day, I couldn't send any more or receive any MMS messages without my phone saying there is some generic network failure. I've tried removing my battery and sim card and reseting my phone, using 3G and not, using wi-fi, etc. Nothing works!

I've seen others post about this, but removing the battery seems to have worked for them, but not in my case.

Is there an update coming? Should I take it into Verizon?

Is it because of the messaging App I am using? (Handcent)
    I don't see why it would be, as when I use the stock messaging application, it still fails to send and receive.
    Nokia 3220-->Motorola Razr-->Sidekick LX-->HTC G1-->Motorola Cliq-->HTC Thunderbolt-->Samsung Galaxy Note II

works great for me. I have never had any issues.

ROM
    Stock

Did you ever get this problem resolved? It seems as though I can send MMS but cannot receive them either. I've tried re-booting but no luck.

Download Go sms pro, you won't look back.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

I am having the same issue with my wifes thunderbolt but not mine. I have them rooted. And using stock sense on hers. both 'odexed' and 'de-odexed' 1.13.605.7 Basic DeBloat
    Both result in "generic network failure"

I'd take the phone back to vzw... especially if you haven't rooted and customized it. they may make you data wipe tho to see if that works.

What worked for me was clearing the cache and deleting old texts. In my case, one thread had over 1,000 messages! In most cases you really don't need over a couple hundred from one person, so setting your phone to delete older messages past that seems to help. PLUS if you receive facebook notifications, delete those every couple days because at least for me, those suckers really pile up. Give my solution a try and let me know how it goes.