Finally had to ask for a refurb replacement for the TB

biogon

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Three reboots in 1 day.

Can't stay connected to 4G for more than 2 minutes -- 4 bars at 4G, then disconnect, back and forth.

Extended battery and back.

Got hot while on 4G and battery ran down in 3 hours.

I finally called and they said that they would overnight a refurb. I complained and the rep said that if it's banged up at all, call immediately and they'll send a new one.

We'll see. I'll keep this posted.

-j

Reactions: Chrisy

atcjr

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Just received my refurbished TBolt earlier. Hopefully this one is better than the last one. The volume down button was stuck and was in an hboot loop. This one has a good scratch on the top by the power button. At least the screen is centered.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I will not exchange my Thunderbolt for a refurb. I am fairly confident that it is a software issue, not a hardware issue. I had all of the same issues with one of the stock Froyo builds on the Nexus One which were then gone as of the next update. I won't take the chance with one of their crappy refurbs for a problem I don't think is caused by the device itself. Plus, my reboots have been non-invasive so far (crap, I probably just jinxed it).

Reactions: Chrisy

cbuzz

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I asked Verizon for a refurb last night. Been getting too many reboots and battery performance is worse since OTA. I and starting to hate this phone. Junk compared to most new phones (it's competition).

mikecove

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I asked Verizon for a refurb last night. Been getting too many reboots and battery performance is worse since OTA. I and starting to hate this phone. Junk compared to most new phones (it's competition).

Thats where i got to after my 4th one. Verizon is sending me the inc2 tomorrow. My contract date is not changing, (i have an upgrade available on my family plan now, one next week, and one in January) I will get a new 4G phone once there is one compelling enough.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Thats where i got to after my 4th one. Verizon is sending me the inc2 tomorrow. My contract date is not changing, (i have an upgrade available on my family plan now, one next week, and one in January) I will get a new 4G phone once there is one compelling enough.

I agree after 4 or 5 replacements it gets to be to much already. Wife swapped out the Bolt for a Charge and she is very happy so far.

biogon

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
So this is curious.

My replacement refurb came with the OTA update on it. Exact same software versions. When I "Check New" it says there's nothing available.

There's a sticker on the back that says 5/25/2011.

Curious.

-j

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So this is curious.

My replacement refurb came with the OTA update on it. Exact same software versions. When I "Check New" it says there's nothing available.

There's a sticker on the back that says 5/25/2011.

Curious.

-j

if they worked on the phone after the update, then it should have the update on it, it's standard procedure.

biogon

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
if they worked on the phone after the update, then it should have the update on it, it's standard procedure.

What's curious is that the CSR said that the OTA update was causing the reboot problem.

The CSR then specifically told me NOT to accept the OTA update when it was pushed.

What would be the point of sending me a phone that already had it?

Keeping my fingers crossed that this one doesn't have the problem, I suppose?

-j

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
What's curious is that the CSR said that the OTA update was causing the reboot problem.

The CSR then specifically told me NOT to accept the OTA update when it was pushed.

What would be the point of sending me a phone that already had it?

Keeping my fingers crossed that this one doesn't have the problem, I suppose?

-j

Unless there's a stop note of some sort for updates, their default procedure is to perform all updates. interestingly, neither my original, nor my replacement had real issues with restarts, i only had 4 total, and 1 was before the update.

also, my replacement phone automatically updated to the latest software.

Reactions: biogon

biogon

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
The refurb has the pink cast of death.

I tried to get accustomed to it, but I used to be a professional photographer and color casts are just too annoying for me.

Returning it tomorrow.

attachment.php

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I got a new Thunderbolt today that did not have the OTA installed (not refurb). It tried to download it as normal but somehow, clicking the progress bar cancelled the download. So I can go into the OTA status and see it but the download/install has not run since. Should I consider myself lucky?

Edit: this is in addition to the Thunderbolt I had. So I can do comparisons/tests if anyone needs me to.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
The refurb has the pink cast of death.

I tried to get accustomed to it, but I used to be a professional photographer and color casts are just too annoying for me.

Returning it tomorrow.

attachment.php

One of my refurbished phones had a yellow hue to it. Very annoying. Returned.

They really ned to step up the quality control in the refurb department!

biogon

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
The tech support CSR tried to convince me that I had to run it at 100% brightness all the time in order to get rid of the pink hue.

Are you kidding me?

I insisted that this was ridiculous and would not accept that as a viable solution.

Refurb #2 on its way out to me.

-j

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
The tech support CSR tried to convince me that I had to run it at 100% brightness all the time in order to get rid of the pink hue.

Are you kidding me?

I insisted that this was ridiculous and would not accept that as a viable solution.

Refurb #2 on its way out to me.

-j

I went through 4 refurbs before I demanded a brand new one. I hope you have a better experience. This brand new one rocks.

Seriously, if someone is up for it we should track the Serial numbers on the refurbs we send back. I guarantee some of us are ending up with each others rejects.

biogon

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, if someone is up for it we should track the Serial numbers on the refurbs we send back. I guarantee some of us are ending up with each others rejects.

That's a phenomenal idea. I should've written mine down before dropping it off at the FedEx!

Drat.

willymakit

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I was sent a new TB, first replacement I was also past my 14 day return. I was very nice when I called in explained my problem after sent to tier 2 support talked to a great rep he sent me a NEW replacement in new box with all the accesories(battery,back etc.),was told to keep the sd card from old phone and got a new extra sim card. I don't replace phones EVER so I am pleased with Verizon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante