Any word when NEtflix is coming to the TB?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I thought I heard 2:30 AM CST this Friday, but only if you are in that time zone and have your device turned off at that time.

Iceycold

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I can't tell if this is serious or not :( I would love to finish watching season 6 of lost, on my bolt :)

edit: it's ota, or will just appear in market>

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Holy Cow, that's why I want Netflix back too! I watched all the seasons ok Lost using Netflix, then cancelled it before the last season aired.

And no, those douchebags are just making a joke. :p We have no idea when Netflix will officially come to our devices. Booo.

Last edited:

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Holy Cow, that's why I want Netflix back too! I watched all the seasons ok Lost using Netflix, then cancelled it before the last season aired.

And no, those douhebags are just making a joke. :p We have no idea when Netflix will officially come to our devices. Booo.

:D Okay, I'm going to make a list of words that you are okay with now. You're fine with oh snap and I guess now dbag. Interesting... *gets a pen and notepad*

Reactions: Chrisy

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Netflix regularly on my Bolt since the Gingerbread ROMS became available. Great quality stream and tons of choices. It's really hard to put this phone down now.

I imagine if Verizon had any say in the matter they wouldn't want this app available to us with the current unlimited data plan in place. I would guess it will be released in conjunction with Gingerbread whenever that rolls out.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Netflix regularly on my Bolt since the Gingerbread ROMS became available. Great quality stream and tons of choices. It's really hard to put this phone down now.

I imagine if Verizon had any say in the matter they wouldn't want this app available to us with the current unlimited data plan in place. I would guess it will be released in conjunction with Gingerbread whenever that rolls out.

Yeah, you're probably correct about Netflix compatibility coming at the same time or close to the same time as Gingerbread. That would make the most sense.

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Why wouldn't VZW want this app? Isn't BlockBuster essentially the same thing? And we can't get rid of that pile.

Well just imagine the strain that would put on the already fragile 4G network if everyone had access to the app, streaming nonstop with unlimited data. And no one uses the Blockbuster app, at least not regularly

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Probably as many folks stream Sirius, Slacker, Pandora don't you think? Does video streaming use much more bandwidth?

I can't imagine VZW putting bloatware on our phones that they didn't think would make money. I'm not even sure why everyone hates Blockbuster. Nut I do too! Lol

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Why wouldn't VZW want this app? Isn't BlockBuster essentially the same thing? And we can't get rid of that pile.

Actually, the only thing in common these two apps share is the fact they both stream video content. BB is a pay as you go service.
Netflix is a monthly flat rate fee.
Yes, as the above poster has said, if you got an unlimited data
. Verizon is probably not going to like you:b ?

Ever since Netflix was released for the Evo. I have been constantly
using Netflix single everyday. It is simply my favorite app to use.
. I just hope Netflix is released before Verizon goes to tiered data plans? Because that would suck for the new subscribers.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Probably as many folks stream Sirius, Slacker, Pandora don't you think? Does video streaming use much more bandwidth?

I can't imagine VZW putting bloatware on our phones that they didn't think would make money. I'm not even sure why everyone hates Blockbuster. Nut I do too! Lol

1. A picture is worth a thousand words - so yes, video streaming uses much more bandwidth than music (words). ;)

2. If you can't imagine VZW putting bloatware on our phones that they didn't make money, you must be new to VZW. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC