just pulled off my htc branded screen cover and installed a steinheil.

lazymac

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
GOOD LAWD! What a difference. I got the Ultra Oleophobic. It is absolutely stunning, especially compared to the Verizon /HTC ones they sell in the store for more money. I forgot how beautiful my Tbolt screen is....

Reactions: lajuan08

mychlan

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Thats the anti-oil one..right...I have the same one...great look...just wish I had gotten it a week earlier before I scratched my screen...

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the sgp fine one and for someone who hates screen protectors I freaking love it. Can't even tell it's there and I don't get paranoid about scratches anymore.

Edit - I meant the ultra crystal. That's what I have.

Last edited:

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Wait... I forgot, I got the Ultra Crystal.

whats the difference between the ultra fine and ultra oleophobic?

Q)
What are the differences between the Steinheil Ultra Crystal, Ultra Fine, Ultra Oleophobic, and Ultra Optics Screen Protectors? How about the clarity?
A)
All of our screen protectors are Japanese made, enhanced optical hard films. Ultra Crystal and Ultra Oleophobic screen protectors are both clear type where it absolutely doesn't affect the screen image quality. Ultra Crystal has glass-like surface coating with the best resistance against scratches. Ultra Oleophobic has an oil resistant coating to resist oil and other contaminants. Ultra Fine screen protector is matte type hard film which resists against fingerprints and smudges, but it is less clear compared to other Steinheil screen protectors. Ultra Optics is our newest product which is anti-fingerprint and anti-glare and does not interfere with retina display.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
oleophobic is supposed to be more resistant to oil. I have it on my tbolt and love it, can barely tell it's on there, and it definitely does a lot better job at resisting oil than the vzw one that I bought on the 1st day. oil does eventually accumulate, but a wet cloth wipe down cleans it up well

jmayniac

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I got the Oleophobic one about a week after I got my Thunderbolt. I actually forgot it was on there till I read this thread. You actually get two in a package and the hardest part is making sure there is no dust/particles under the screen when you put it on because it will form a bubble. They give you a mildly sticky material to sort of get the dust off when you start to put on the protector, this helped me out a lot when I was applying mine. I was very impressed and will definitely recommend them to anybody.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I got the Oleophobic one about a week after I got my Thunderbolt. I actually forgot it was on there till I read this thread. You actually get two in a package and the hardest part is making sure there is no dust/particles under the screen when you put it on because it will form a bubble. They give you a mildly sticky material to sort of get the dust off when you start to put on the protector, this helped me out a lot when I was applying mine. I was very impressed and will definitely recommend them to anybody.

those little stickers were awesome, saved me from having to get scotch tape to get the dust off the screen protector. it did take me both protectors to get it right tho...

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Just got my Ultra Crystal screen protectors and holy crap they are 1,000,000x better than the verizon ones. I feel like I just upgraded my phone or something. I've had the Verizon one on there since I walked out of the store so I didnt really realize how much it was gimping my display. The Steinheils are a little bigger too, so they protect the touch buttons at the bottom of the screen. Ther Verizon one's didnt do that. The VZW ones are supposed to be anti-glare though, so will be interesting to see how the phone is outside now. Either way, a MASSIVE improvement.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
So, now that i've used the Steinheil for a few days just wanted to add that you do get a lot more glare on the screen when outside over the Verizon anti-glare screen protectors. Obviously these Steinheils are WAY better when inside but the Verizon one's definitely work outside pretty well. I'll stick with the Steinheils for now since the screen is so much clearer....wish someome made an anti-glare protector that didnt degrade the screen clarity.

MGoBlue

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I believe the SGP Ultra Fine screen protectors act as an anti-glare surface as well. You might want to try those out. It does take away some of the screen clarity though, but not might be as bad as the other options out there.

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Never heard of this brand are they better then zagg screen protectors

If you google Zagg vs Steinheil and I think the consensus is that Steinheil comes out on top. It wins in any side by side I've seen. Unless you like wet installs, people actually ruin their phones doing this crap, or you need a full body skin, or an orange peel, SGP hands down.

Just my opinion. Never used a Zagg, but read enough that I don't want to when I feel there are better options. Google the install of a SGP and the Zagg install, night and day.

Last edited:

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Just installed my first Steinheil and I'm sure glad they included a set of 2 because of coarse I screwed the first one up really bad. I never had much luck installing those so I looked up a couple videos on youtube and then tried again with much better results. So far seems pretty nice but only time will tell how it holds up. I would like to thank you guys for this thread and reviews because I would have never tried it otherwise.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae