1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock Gingerbread

Default Private sale

I got a email about the $199 private sale for the thunderbolt and I had heard that some people had gotten a $99 dollar one. I was wondering if anyone actually has gotten a thunderbolt for $99 or if it's just a rumor because I don't want to go intothe verizon store and act like a ***** if nobody actually has gotten the $99 price. Thanks

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by xxtsxx View Post
    I got a email about the $199 private sale for the thunderbolt and I had heard that some people had gotten a $99 dollar one. I was wondering if anyone actually has gotten a thunderbolt for $99 or if it's just a rumor because I don't want to go intothe verizon store and act like a ***** if nobody actually has gotten the $99 price. Thanks
    You could try going in there and not acting like an ***** when you ask them

-Frank j/k
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

Just tell them Android Central sent you. They'll know what that means.

My Thunderbolt was $220 as I had a $30 NE2.

Most of us here got our Thunderbolt on launch day. Mine was $199.99 because they apparently gave me the corporate discount.

Global Posts
    1,128 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Mine was $129.99 as a new customer through Amazon.
    Current: Moto X, ASUS Nexus 7 (2013)

Standby:
    Samsung Galaxy S3, LG Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Nexus One, ASUS Nexus 7 (2012), Motorola Xoom

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Got mine this past weekend for $150 from the VZW store.

ROM
    Bamf Paradigm

maybe it's $199 for select customers with $100 rebate/discount?
    $199 to draw you in, $100 off to seal the deal, then bring on the add-on's for mobile hotspot & larger calling plan

i know--rebates are done away. just throwing options out there.

(also got it for $199 corp discount price)

Global Posts
    11,757 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Was able to snag mine for 150 on launch day after a corporate discount and my last NE2 credit.

ROM
    CM7 RC1.2

Mine was $150 or $160 with corporate discount, launch day, wife, GEICO and my wifes iPhone was $100... it was all so much cheaper than expected that I opted to pay $70 more for the 1 year contract on mine. Total for mine, 1 year, was $220 or $230.
    -SoDev
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    Stock Gingerbread

Ok so I assume it's safe to say that the 99 was a rumor but I should be able to talk them to a lower price. And are you serious that try would react to saying something about android central?
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

No, I was kidding. But do look around for the best price, including Amazon as ock mentioned above.

ROM
    CM7 RC1.2

Ok so I assume it's safe to say that the 99 was a rumor but I should be able to talk them to a lower price. And are you serious that try would react to saying something about android central?
    No, not serious, but this may interest you. Got it on one of my google alerts (Chrisy).

-SoDev
    Thanked by 2:
    xxtsxx 
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

ROM
    Stock Gingerbread

Haha ok I thought so. But that looks pretty legit so I'll see how it goes when I try to get one tomorrow. I wonder if it would work with my 50 off after the end of a contract lol I doubt it that would be pushing it

Quote Originally Posted by SoDev View Post
    Mine was $150 or $160 with corporate discount, launch day, wife, GEICO and my wifes iPhone was $100... it was all so much cheaper than expected that I opted to pay $70 more for the 1 year contract on mine. Total for mine, 1 year, was $220 or $230.
    strange, the discount i saw with the corp discount was 200/2yr, 230/1yr. didn't see the 150/160 option.

You might also check out Letstalk.com. I got mine from them 2 months or so ago for $129.99. I don't know what the price is now though.

ROM
    CM7 RC1.2

Here is an article about the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    strange, the discount i saw with the corp discount was 200/2yr, 230/1yr. didn't see the 150/160 option.
    Hmm, I mean what you are saying irons out because I paid $230 like I said, but I could have swore.... nm, maybe I got some $70 increase for 1 year in my head from the forums and always assumed that's what the 2 year was. Maybe it was simply $200 to $230? ...but what is the incentive there? Wouldn't everyone go 1 year for $30 more? I could have swore it was less though. I don't know why or how and my receipt would just show the $230 or whatever. I don't know, but if I am wrong it wasn't intentional.
    -SoDev

I hope you can find it for cheap, also wirefly has it for $150.

Quote Originally Posted by SoDev View Post
    Here is an article about the OP.

Hmm, I mean what you are saying irons out because I paid $230 like I said, but I could have swore.... nm, maybe I got some $70 increase for 1 year in my head from the forums and always assumed that's what the 2 year was. Maybe it was simply $200 to $230? ...but what is the incentive there? Wouldn't everyone go 1 year for $30 more? I could have swore it was less though. I don't know why or how and my receipt would just show the $230 or whatever. I don't know, but if I am wrong it wasn't intentional.
    Standard pricing was an additional $70 for 1-year contracts, but with the corporate discount, many phones were just $30 more, including the Thunderbolt. I ask though, because even though my discount shows up that much, it is possible that other people's discounts are different.

I'm a sucker...paid $199 (with corporate discount) at launch. I knew price would drop, but like I said...I'm a sucker. I was update eligible, but not NE2...could have saved another $50 if I had been. Or, I just could have waited a month or two.

With cell phones though, I've found if you wait a few months for the price to drop, there's already a new phone that I'll want to pay full (new contract) price for. It's a never ending cycle. I was eligible for an upgrade since January, so I was just waiting for a 4G Android phone to drop.

ROM
    CM7 RC1.2

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Standard pricing was an additional $70 for 1-year contracts, but with the corporate discount, many phones were just $30 more, including the Thunderbolt. I ask though, because even though my discount shows up that much, it is possible that other people's discounts are different.
    That makes sense.

Sent from the Bolt via Tapatalk
    -SoDev

I actually just purchased my thunderbolt yesterday under the private sale which listed it as $200, but at the last step of the checkout process, it listed another discount that brought the final price down to $100. Not sure what the discount was for, but I'll take it!
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

ROM
    Stock Gingerbread

Quote Originally Posted by MGoBlue View Post
    I actually just purchased my thunderbolt yesterday under the private sale which listed it as $200, but at the last step of the checkout process, it listed another discount that brought the final price down to $100. Not sure what the discount was for, but I'll take it!
    was that on verizon's site?

was that on verizon's site?
    Yeah I think the $99 sale is online.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

ROM
    Stock Gingerbread

wow you must have got lucky because it gave me the 199 price with the private sale and 50 off from my upgrade discount?

Yep, this was on VZN's site. So just to clarify, I had it listed as $199 after the private sale. I then proceeded with the checkout process and on the last step, just before submitting my order, I noticed that there was an additional discount applied to it that brought the final price down to $99 + tax.