Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default I am at my wit's end! Suggestions?

I am on Thunderbolt #4 and I treat my devices better than myself most times! The first one had the reboots, then the second had bad data and the reboots, and then the third had a bad vibrator and reboots and a squeaky speaker! Now this is an hour old lol and the mobile hotspot barely works. I am not sure I am able to call for another refurb just because I am sick of worrying about fedex and everything else. I see people being offered device replacements which tells me Verizon is as sick of this phones problems as some of us are. My frustration is it is the best 4G phone they have hands down! I have 4G for the summer but where I go to school wont until the end of 2012 or early 2013 so a 3G phone would not be bad. I would love the X2 because I game on my phone a lot but I do not want to lose the 4G unlimited data by going back to 3G and have them get rid of it. Should I take a charge if they offer? Should I get a 5th device? I wish Verizon was getting the EVO 3d because that thing is sick

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

The way I feel about it...

If you turn off 4G and basically solve all/most of your issues, keep the phone. It'll get better. And it is worthless comparing it to 3G phones. After all, you can turn the TBolt into a 3G phone with a setting. If that solves the issue it is still better than all/most other 3G phones on VZW.

So... a dilemma, I know. I just don't see any point in changing phones if the problems are 4G related, 'cuz that can be turned off until the software and VZW towers get better.

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

Since it says you are running bamf in your info, i assume your phone is rooted, so have you tried the different radio combinations available in the obligatory radio thread (root rom and hacks section)?

generally the reboot issues are radio related, and can often be solved by finding the radio that works best with your phone (there are 4 froyo radios available in that thread).

I would suggest trying those if you dont want to send the phone back again.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Yeah on this new one I have not rooted yet. I am kind of tired of having to re root all the new phones I get lol. I am at 10 GB already and at only half my month because of restoring apps and rooting these replacements lol! I am going to try the Bamf 1.7 and see how it gos but the mobile hotspot is annoying me on this one!
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

I would try the radios. Have a look at the "obligatory radio thread" if you haven't already, flashing a different version of the froyo radio has helped alot of people end the reboots and bad data connections.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by zero neck View Post
    I would try the radios. Have a look at the "obligatory radio thread" if you haven't already, flashing a different version of the froyo radio has helped alot of people end the reboots and bad data connections.
    Yeah I tried different ones and ironically my phone only seems to work well in 4G and when its 3G is when things go nuts! I am in a 3G area right now and my three hour old replacements has rebooted countless times!!

did you root your phone on the newest firmare? if so how?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mikecool258 View Post
    Yes I did. I followed this guide: http://forum.androidcentral.com/thun...b-windows.html

Then you can download and flash any rom you would like since most of them are already using the new firmware! It is quite easy even for a total noob, which I was before this phone! If you want a stock rom with root use the same procedure and download this: [ruu][rooted][MR1 aka OTA] CONFIRM Build Number: 1.13.605.7 Baseband: 1.16.00.0402w_1 - xda-developers
    Thanked by:

I'd like to do the same and turn off 4g until they get everything settled, but I've noticed that turning it off by putting it into evdo only mode also disables all calls, in or out.

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Root

Quote Originally Posted by zero neck View Post
    I have had no luck with the latest radios from Mr1, cmda6/LTE6, cmda7/LTE6. Tomorrow is my 14th day and I'm going to exchange it. I know everyone thinks its software but just in case. Maybe ill get a hardware 003 instead of my 002.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    If I contribute something at all semi-useful please give me a thanks
    Note: I am not an expert, I just think I am
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

Quote Originally Posted by dms76 View Post
    I have had no luck with the latest radios from Mr1, cmda6/LTE6, cmda7/LTE6. Tomorrow is my 14th day and I'm going to exchange it. I know everyone thinks its software but just in case. Maybe ill get a hardware 003 instead of my 002.

Yeah gl. I would either get a replacement tbolt or a revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by potatolover1102 View Post
    I am on Thunderbolt #4 and I treat my devices better than myself most times! The first one had the reboots, then the second had bad data and the reboots, and then the third had a bad vibrator and reboots and a squeaky speaker! Now this is an hour old lol and the mobile hotspot barely works. I am not sure I am able to call for another refurb just because I am sick of worrying about fedex and everything else. I see people being offered device replacements which tells me Verizon is as sick of this phones problems as some of us are. My frustration is it is the best 4G phone they have hands down! I have 4G for the summer but where I go to school wont until the end of 2012 or early 2013 so a 3G phone would not be bad. I would love the X2 because I game on my phone a lot but I do not want to lose the 4G unlimited data by going back to 3G and have them get rid of it. Should I take a charge if they offer? Should I get a 5th device? I wish Verizon was getting the EVO 3d because that thing is sick
    you should try the Samsung Charge.
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikecool258 View Post
    You can use the auto root 1 click method by droidxcon.. i had the latest firmware too and it worked flawlessly for me i also changed my radio too.. I have never had any reboots or issues thus far... good luck
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Root

Quote Originally Posted by ssethv View Post
    You can use the auto root 1 click method by droidxcon.. i had the latest firmware too and it worked flawlessly for me i also changed my radio too.. I have never had any reboots or issues thus far... good luck
    What radio are you using? I've tried original, Mr1, cdma7/LTE6 with no luck.

If I contribute something at all semi-useful please give me a thanks
    Note: I am not an expert, I just think I am

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by jigz23 View Post
    I'd like to do the same and turn off 4g until they get everything settled, but I've noticed that turning it off by putting it into evdo only mode also disables all calls, in or out.
    No, you don't want EVDO only... you want CDMA auto (PRL).

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

ROM
    GummyCHARGED FE 2.0

You think the TB is the best 4g phone on verizon after being put through all that...?

I took the Droid Charge after 3 replacement Thunderbolts and It's ok. It's also has connection issues, froze up once, and the hotspot is currently not working but it's lite weight, the extended battery is way nicer looking, and the screen is pretty cool. I also liked sense way better than touchwiz. I bailed on the TB because I just had enough and why not take the more expensive phone... But after only two days with the Charge I have thought that the DX2 would have been a better choice ( mostly because I loved my DX ).
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Yeah I am considering a charge. The revolution is nice but has a worse camera and is binged lol. Did you get a new in box charge? Also dis they offer or did you ask?
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Another thing too, is I said this was the best phone because of RAM, storage, kickstand, and camera. Also I can't really imagine leaving this community after being here from the start, with Ben and jerry and having group therapy and release anxiety for three months with everyone !
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dms76 View Post
    What radio are you using? I've tried original, Mr1, cdma7/LTE6 with no luck.

I am using the second radio on the OBLIGATORY list

the 1.13.605.7 CDMA and 1.12.605.6 LTE radio
    CDMA Radio version: 1.16.00.0402w_1
    LTE radio version that came with 1.12.605.6

I have had the best results with this radio after trying all of them... the only radio I didn't like was the GB radio... I had a random reboot and immediately got rid of it... I love where I am at right now... My phone works perfectly good luck and keep READING,and READING. if you don't find your answer then just ask questions, thats the only way to learn and your in the right place
    Last edited by ssethv; 06-03-2011 at 10:20 PM.