Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Do you or don't you

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Problems with Thunderbolt

26 36.62%
  • No Problems with Thundebolt

45 63.38%
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Poll issues or not

Just curious seems a lot complain but i don't think its as manny as it looks

People go to Forums to find help... that is why you see so many issues.. it happens in every forum... and the Loudest are always heard more than the ones without problems, because people without problems have no reason to post.
    Thanked by:

depends on how you define issue. i don't think anyone actually gets the rated 330hrs standby time on the thunderbolt...

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I had TEN reboots yesterday. So yes, I'm having problems.

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Since I got my replacement I have had no problems. First TB no problems till update, many reboots then was sent a new TB no problems at all since recieving my new replacement, it has the new update also. I am all stock on both TBs. I love this phone.
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,537 Global Posts

I'm having reboot issues which is causing a battery issue since a reboot take 10-15% of my battery life.

Issues I've had with the Thunderbolt- On day one I had errors with SMS sending and google navigation functioning at all. Restart fixed the issues with SMS and clearing the cache fixed the navigation issues.

After that I noticed audio quality was poor on the camcorder, and that GPS normally took about two minutes to lock. Both issues were fixed with the OTA, and so far I have had no reboots. Signal strength also appears to be slightly better on 3G post update.

The only other issue I had was one time my entire SMS inbox and outbox deleted itself. I think something happened with a conflict of getting an SMS at the same time as a phone call and also at the same time an app was trying to happen. The phone just kinda freaked and all SMS were deleted. Issue hasn't happened since.

So far I'm fairly pleased to be honest. All issues have been either resolved, or were one time issues.

ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.11 3++

My findings:

Rooted stock - no OTA

Battery sux, but that's a given.

No reboots.

No GPS issues.

One user issue is must slide finger down to unlock answer a call - and guess where the phone hangup is? Not smart planning that one out.

Only minor is the occasional force close and the radio part dropping data - a restart to fix that.

While I do not dispute others experiences, I am loving this device. After all it does, I can call folks on it.

Tether while Google is directing me. Put Angry Birds on hold while I get a call.

Yup - it is a keeper.

Love the device, but I have had reboot problems after the OTA. Phone restarted in the middle of a call with a client yesterday. Not acceptable.

Wow, this is a pretty wide open poll. Problems or no problems.

I had a problem taking the back off until I got better at it through repetition. Does that count as a problem or not?

I had a problem with my phone fitting in my pocket the other day....does that count?

I had a problem with the GPS, but it seems to be working better now....does that count?

I had a problem (still do) with touching the screen by accident while using it for one thing and changing programs or setting.

The poll is too vague, so I didn't vote.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    People go to Forums to find help... that is why you see so many issues.. it happens in every forum... and the Loudest are always heard more than the ones without problems, because people without problems have no reason to post.
    Except for me to boast that I hit 50Mbps last night.
    High Five Champion

ROM
    CM9 Nightlies

My replacement TB still reboots but only once a week compared to 3xs a day on the old one. Yeah, its an issue that maybe 45% of us have but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist just cuz the majority don't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by WebDevAnalyst View Post
    Except for me to boast that I hit 50Mbps last night.
    Ok, bragging is done on a few forum now and then... but that 50Mbps is in the middle of my deep sleep... maybe I need to do a couple tests at 4:30am, but have no idea where the nearest tower is.