Gorilla Glass or not?

qbngator

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I was under the impression that the TB does NOT have Gorilla Glass, but their own (Gorilla Glass) website lists the TB as one of the products that has it.

CORNING® GORILLA® GLASS

Was it going to have it and their website was never updated to remove the TB from the list, or does it actually have Gorilla Glass?

I'm getting a replacement TB (for the rebooting issue), and I'm debating NOT putting a screen protector on the new one. However, I'd like to first confirm whether or not it has Gorilla Glass.

Does anybody have a definitive answer?

EricWiz

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I dont have a definitive answer but I went through the same deliberation -- that is until I scratched the screen. It was a hairline scratch but still... So, I put a Zagg on it.

Reactions: qbngator

mychlan

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
just put a Ultra Oleophobic from Steinheil on mine as I had put a small scratch in my TB screen...not and expert but would say likely a no on the Gorilla Glass

Slapnpop826

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
If I'm not mistaking, when this debate first came up the Thunderbolt was not listed on there site. So I'm assuming this is an updated list.

I would still go with a screen protector though. My buddy has an Evo and his screen is completely shattered. Amazingly the phone still works flawlessly, but the Gorilla glass is still broke.

HiPower

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
The Gorilla Glass site doesn't say its scratch proof, just more damage resistant. A friend of mine has the iPhone 4 and managed to scratch the screen. So, if a scratch on the screen is going to bother you, I would run a screen protector.

EricWiz

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
The Gorilla Glass site doesn't say its scratch proof, just more damage resistant. A friend of mine has the iPhone 4 and managed to scratch the screen. So, if a scratch on the screen is going to bother you, I would run a screen protector.

This is a good point. I rocked the OG Droid from launch day and that also scratched.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
It's true, it does. There are numerous threads (debates) about this before and around the release date (March 17th 2011 for anyone who might not know :) ). Corning didn't add it to the list until a month or so ago. It wasn't there at release time.

-Frank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12