HTC People Replacement?

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if there is an alternative to using HTC People. When I was using Friendstream I was able to link my contacts FB and Twitter accounts in HTC People along with using their FB or Twitter profile picture. But now I am using Friendcaster and Tweetcaster and it won't let me link them. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if there is an alternative to using HTC People. When I was using Friendstream I was able to link my contacts FB and Twitter accounts in HTC People along with using their FB or Twitter profile picture. But now I am using Friendcaster and Tweetcaster and it won't let me link them. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Launcher Pro just came out with some Sense themed widgets. There's also Pure Messenger or Seesmic.

LP: https://market.android.com/details?id=fr.allo_mobile.lpsense.classicsense&feature=search_result
Pure: https://market.android.com/details?id=org.koxx.pure_messenger&feature=search_result
Seesmic: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.seesmic&feature=search_result

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I took a look at these and they aren't what I am looking for.

Forgive me as I am newbie so I don't think I stated my question correctly. I want to link some of my FB friend accounts thru the Friendcaster app I use and link some of my Twitter following accounts thru Tweetcaster to my contacts that are currently in the People app. It seems you can only link FB and Twitter accounts to people when you use the Facebook and Twitter apps that came on the phone. So I am wondering if there is another contact app that lets me link from the FB and Twitter apps I am using to my contacts.

Sorry about my mis-communication. :confused:

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Sorry about that... I misread your question, I was giving you alternatives to Friendstream. As for linking your gmail contacts to a social app. The only ones that I'm aware of are the official Facebook and Twitter apps for Android or the social networking apps that come with the phones.

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Well my work around is ... I am now basically tu.king 2 FB apps.... I'm using my Friendcaster for my regular FB activity and I am using the stock FB app so that I can get the FB profile pictures and current status to show up I. My people app. :)

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Well my work around is ... I am now basically tu.king 2 FB apps.... I'm using my Friendcaster for my regular FB activity and I am using the stock FB app so that I can get the FB profile pictures and current status to show up I. My people app. :)

That's basically what I use to do. I would use the Android Facebook app and have it sync every hour and also use the HTC Facebook app and have it sync once a day.
I don't use Facebook that much anymore but I like having the pictures for my contacts, so now I just use the HTC Facebook and have it set to only sync contacts once a day (no live feed) and if I need to go on facebook I just use the browser which is set to my Launcher Pro Facebook widget.