Thunderbolt Reality Show

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Coming soon to a Android Central Forum Thunderbolt section near you The Thunderbolt Re Boot, Battery Life, and other disasters Reality Show.

The Plot:
I have had my Thunderbolt since a day after release. I am a moderate user (fairly heavy calls, lot's of email and heavy browser use, 10-15 texts per day, heavy Kindle. Almost no social networking, video, movies or music) I have never had a re-boot, average battery life is 16-18 hours between charge on stock battery. Device is not rooted. Screen set on auto, auto sync. On WiFi about half the day, on 4G in good area 6-8 hours a day. I went from Storm 1 (never had any real problems just couldn't stand turtle like browser) to Inc 1 (loved it, no problems, just wanted 4G and larger screen and had NE2 available). Two lousy WinMobile phones and two Treos prior.

The Twist:
My 20 year old son will will get his new Thunderbolt on Wednesday. He resides in my house and will have benefit of my experience in setting up his device. He will text 200 or 300 hundred times a day, watch YouTube, constantly be on Facebook and Twitter and play lots of music. This is his first smart phone.

Why you should watch:
Will he have re-boots, will he have lousy battery life, will he have all of the other problems that plague users on this forum? Will we prove my theory that most of these issues are user error or techie / hobbyists that push their devices way past the limits they were designed for or simply trolls.

Stay tuned!

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Coming soon to a Android Central Forum Thunderbolt section near you The Thunderbolt Re Boot, Battery Life, and other disasters Reality Show.

The Plot:
I have had my Thunderbolt since a day after release. I am a moderate user (fairly heavy calls, lot's of email and heavy browser use, 10-15 texts per day, heavy Kindle. Almost no social networking, video, movies or music) I have never had a re-boot, average battery life is 16-18 hours between charge on stock battery. Device is not rooted. Screen set on auto, auto sync. On WiFi about half the day, on 4G in good area 6-8 hours a day. I went from Storm 1 (never had any real problems just couldn't stand turtle like browser) to Inc 1 (loved it, no problems, just wanted 4G and larger screen and had NE2 available). Two lousy WinMobile phones and two Treos prior.

The Twist:
My 20 year old son will will get his new Thunderbolt on Wednesday. He resides in my house and will have benefit of my experience in setting up his device. He will text 200 or 300 hundred times a day, watch YouTube, constantly be on Facebook and Twitter and play lots of music. This is his first smart phone.

Why you should watch:
Will he have re-boots, will he have lousy battery life, will he have all of the other problems that plague users on this forum? Will we prove my theory that most of these issues are user error or techie / hobbyists that push their devices way past the limits they were designed for or simply trolls.

Stay tuned!

I think that belittling the legitimate issues that people in this forum are having is kind of ridiculous. Congratulations that you have not had a reboot, but I have had many. I have not pushed my phone "past the limits they were designed for" and I am not a troll. Furthermore, it is not a user error either. I was experiencing reboots after a FACTORY RESET, with absolutely nothing on the phone but stock apps and settings.

I am getting tired of people saying that the problems that people are experiencing are nonexistent or caused by the user. It has been confirmed by Verizon and HTC that there is a problem for a good portion of users and they are working on a fix. If you don't want to believe a lot of users on these forums, Phil Nickinson, Verizon, or HTC, then I don't know what to tell you.

/End rant.

Reactions: sksnyder#AC

mercury694

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
It's an interesting theory, but my use is very similar to yours and I've had the reboots (though only after the OTA update). My battery life is acceptable, but I am on 3g. I've never rooted and probably never will.

MegaSoundwave76

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
The reboot issue is a complete mystery at this point. I still have a feeling that it is network related and not user initiated. I think that was an uncalled for comment to say that all users that are experiencing problems is their fault. I live in the Bay Area where 4G is every where, and I have not had the random reboot issue myself. I haven't traveled out of the area yet to test that theory. Stay tuned! :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox