New found respect for TB

mavd

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
My Bolt took a 3 foot drop from my bike handlebars at 26 mph to pavement without a heavy duty case. To my great surprise, minus a few scratches on the kickstand the thing is fine. I mean I would've done more damage to a cement brick but the thing still works perfectly fine. Not to mention my $5 screen protector isn't even scuffed. Are the cell phone gods smiling down on me or is this phone the most durable thing since the old school Nextel's???

musicman555

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I dropped mine as well a little over three feet onto tilewith no case. It landed screen down and to my great surprise it was ok. No scratches, no cracks, no issues at all. I guess I was really lucky as well.

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I dropped mine onto a wooden floor today from about three feet and it didn't sound very good... I was expecting some damage and it wasn't even scratched and still worked just as crappily as it did before! :D lol (By crappily I mean still occasionally has random reboots and shutdowns)

w00tw00twhat

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My Bolt took a 3 foot drop from my bike handlebars at 26 mph

Sucks that you dropped your phone, great that it survived, but curious as to what bike your riding that your handle bars are only 3 feet from the ground? Off topic yes but I ride an aprilia shiver 750 and my handle bars are quite a bit higher then 3 feet. Only thing I can think of are those obnoxious mini bikes that people have, which I didn't know people still had lol.

mavd

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Sucks that you dropped your phone, great that it survived, but curious as to what bike your riding that your handle bars are only 3 feet from the ground? Off topic yes but I ride an aprilia shiver 750 and my handle bars are quite a bit higher then 3 feet. Only thing I can think of are those obnoxious mini bikes that people have, which I didn't know people still had lol.

My bikes the kind with pedals ;)

dms76

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
My girl and I were playing reactor and she was overly excited. The phone flew off the table and bounced off the metal beam. It was loud and all there was is a dent in the plastic. It looks like it belongs to the phone. :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

pcbtmr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Dropped mine off the top of our water softener in the basement (~48"). Batt cover and battery came off/out, no significant scratches even on the screen protector if it hit that side.. Put it all together and still works. So far, no reboots since Sunday...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC