I just want to love my thunderbolt.

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
It makes me so mad to think of how great this phone could be.

I loved my OG droid I even miss the physical keyboard a little bit.
Then I made the leap of faith to touch all touchscreen with my beloved Droid x.
Now I am stuck with this bolt of thunder sh*it.

I wanted this phone to be amazing. Now I am left with a half descent slow 4G device that has great signal SOMEtimes. I am starting to want my Droid x back with some gingerbrread.

However the Droid 3 looks NICE. If it was a 4.3 inch slider that would be awesome!

How sad that HTC and VZW don't take more pride in their work...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
It's funny how experiences with this phone have been all over the place.

Personally, my experience with the Thunderbolt has been the exact opposite...

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
It's funny how experiences with this phone have been all over the place.

Personally, my experience with the Thunderbolt has been the exact opposite...

Me too. OP, are you rooted? A few custom roms could breath new life into the phone for you.

Meh, to each his own, for example, I hate slide phones and physical keyboards/buttons, but it sounds like this guys dream phone.

JerseyDubbin

Open Source For Life!
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Even before i was rooted my experience was the opposite. Besides battery life which we all knew would be pretty dismal stock, I love every aspect of this phone.

Reactions: ipb_11

slim6596

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
+1 on loving my Bolt. I had some reboot issues before they even had the update out that is causing all these problems. Seemed like every time I was listening to an audiobook, I could count on it rebooting. I don't know what I changed, but zero reboots now and everything running buttery smooth.

Bamf 1.7
BattMod V2

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I don't think there has been a day I haven't love my phone it's doing everything I need it to without any issues. I know my wife would hate the Bolt because she needs a physical keyboard which I find useless. That's one of the biggest benefits of being and Android user because we have so many choices of phones. A question for the op what problems or issues are making you hate your Bolt?

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Same as those above, I have had almost no issues with my phone and at some point during each day I say to myself, "wow, this phone is awesome!". I am coming from the OG Droid and the size, speed, power are all great. I have decent battery life (no 4G in my area) and only a few reboots over the last few weeks. I am VERY happy!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
OP, if you haven't already done so try taking the phone back to Verizon and have it replaced. Also remember that geographic location plays an important role with signal coverage. If you've never experienced this problem with Verizon's network then it may be due to the device.

ipb_11

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I love my Thunderbolt. Apart from the reboots, I have no issues with this phone. It does absolutely everything I want and more.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
It makes me so mad to think of how great this phone could be.

I loved my OG droid I even miss the physical keyboard a little bit.
Then I made the leap of faith to touch all touchscreen with my beloved Droid x.
Now I am stuck with this bolt of thunder sh*it.

I wanted this phone to be amazing. Now I am left with a half descent slow 4G device that has great signal SOMEtimes. I am starting to want my Droid x back with some gingerbrread.

However the Droid 3 looks NICE. If it was a 4.3 inch slider that would be awesome!

How sad that HTC and VZW don't take more pride in their work...

It's always heart breaking when the one you love won't love you back. :'(

Trying to "change" the one you love into what you "think" they (it) "should" be will also lead to heart break and frustration. In the end, one of "you" will leave.

boilerjohn94

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I was a little frustrated with my bolt at first, but I am starting to come to love it. I've only had it for about 10 days and it is just so different from my Droid X, which I knew inside and out. The more I learn and the more I get used to doing things with the Thunderbolt, the more I like it. Besides the battery, most of my issues were self inflicted, lol.

willymakit

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I like mine, as time goes on I will learn to love it.........We just haven't gotten serious even though I am commited to her for another year.lol

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I am in Rochester ny.

Problems.
Reboots
Constant loss of the 4G signal.
Horrendous battery life stock and extended
WiFi doesn't work right
Reboot and shutdowns
HTC website skin capability doesn't work
Consistent lag almost freezing.

And chrissy I complain because I want this phone to be what HTC and VZW said it would be. I can deal with all touch I get used to it more and more each day.

Maybe you should not play the ignorance card.....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae