Corrupted apps in Market???

Bank of Dad

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
After a recent attack, Google last week removed 25 corrupted applications from its Android Market, but not before up to 125,000 Android users downloaded the bad apps, says Kevin Mahaffey, chief technical officer of Lookout Mobile Security.

Does anyone know what those apps were?

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Another relevant question...

If I'm notified via my phone if an app I've downloaded has an available update, would I be notified if an app I downloaded was pulled and asked to uninstall?

Seems like it should...

bthomp21

Banned
Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Another relevant question...

If I'm notified via my phone if an app I've downloaded has an available update, would I be notified if an app I downloaded was pulled and asked to uninstall?

Seems like it should...

google just kills the apps from your phone i believe. just dont download any of the "wallpaper" apps or japanese apps. read the comments and reviews.

GoldLeader

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
One rule that I follow is that I'm leary of any app that connects to the internet, can place call, or reads personal info for no good reason. This info is listed under security for every app. Why the heck would a wallpaper need internet access?
I allow big name apps from companies like Google and Adobe to access these, but mostly not other apps.
I'll usually prefer to pay for a non ad app instead of getting a free internet ad laden app for this reason.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084