It's Official!!!

superbleester

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
My 2 year old HTC Eris, one of the first verizon android phone, now has sense 3.0 and android 2.3.3!
Of couse wee will see this type of stuff for the Thunderbolt eventualy!
Isnt it weird that my old phone now has newer software than my current phone!

Ricom1

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I thought sense 3.0 was only for the "newest" phones which the TB isn't even new enough (i.e. dual core phones).

Ricom1

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
hmm...I already have GB 2.3.4 and Sense 3.0 running on a Thunderbolt. DasBAMF ftw

Are you running Sense 3.0 or "Sense 3.0 components". das BAMF states...

• Sense 3.0 MMS app, credit to seo.
  • Sense 3.0 lockscreen app with working themes and buttons, credit to seo and erishasnobattery.
  • Sense 3.0 weather, credit to seo and erishasnobattery.
  • Sense 3.0 weather wallpaper, credit to seo and erishasnobattery.
  • Sense 3.0 Phone modifications, credit to seo and erishasnobattery.
  • Sense 3.0 weather unlock, credit to seo and erishasnobattery

This makes me believe that sense 3.0 isn't running on TB but only parts of it are. But I haven't taken the plunge to das BAMF 2.0 beta yet (Bricking fears)...so this is just from what I've read.

braxtoq

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Tempted to root

:confused:
hmm...I already have GB 2.3.4 and Sense 3.0 running on a Thunderbolt. DasBAMF ftw

Hi, I am new to the android system, having pruchased the Thunderbolt the first week it was out. I have been intrigued with the idea of rooting, but, it seems a bit of a difficult and tedious task. Now that i see you have GB and Sense 3.0, I am thinking about taking the leap. My question is, are you happy with it? Are there reasons you would advise against it? Are there any issues with apps that you wish you would go back to use?

Thanks!

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Are you running Sense 3.0 or "Sense 3.0 components". das BAMF states...

This makes me believe that sense 3.0 isn't running on TB but only parts of it are. But I haven't taken the plunge to das BAMF 2.0 beta yet (Bricking fears)...so this is just from what I've read.

The regular 2.0-5 only has the 3.0 elements. The one I'm running is actually based on 3.0 and is more of a preview of what's coming. Even has the home screen carousel and everything. Still a couple issues Adrynalyne and company are working out like the mail app and some widget problems so it isn't publicly available yet aside from irc and a time limited trial in the xda thread. As for the brick concerns, I've used the Gingerbread leak since it was released a few weeks ago and have run all of the das BAMF builds and have yet to end up with a brick (knock on wood).

Ricom1

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
:confused:

Hi, I am new to the android system, having pruchased the Thunderbolt the first week it was out. I have been intrigued with the idea of rooting, but, it seems a bit of a difficult and tedious task. Now that i see you have GB and Sense 3.0, I am thinking about taking the leap. My question is, are you happy with it? Are there reasons you would advise against it? Are there any issues with apps that you wish you would go back to use?

Thanks!

Rooting really wasn't difficult. I've been running das Bamf 1.6.3 for several weeks now and love it. I'm downloading 1.7 now.

BAMF 2.0 (i.e. the gingerbread version) has several threads on the bricking issue. It seems that it is due to the GB radio...BUT the examples of TB's getting bricked are very few and far between. In fact, people don't know for sure what the cause for the brickin was, whether it's the GB radio or something else. But even though people seem to love GB, it was something I didn't want to deal with until the bricking issue is fully resolved. But 1.6.3 is awesome and I'm sure 1.7 will also rock.

Ricom1

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
The regular 2.0-5 only has the 3.0 elements. The one I'm running is actually based on 3.0 and is more of a preview of what's coming. Even has the home screen carousel and everything. Still a couple issues Adrynalyne and company are working out like the mail app and some widget problems so it isn't publicly available yet aside from irc and a time limited trial in the xda thread. As for the brick concerns, I've used the Gingerbread leak since it was released a few weeks ago and have run all of the das BAMF builds and have yet to end up with a brick (knock on wood).

Ahh, gotchya. Thanks for the clarification.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
My brothers Eris is running a GB rom with Sense 3.0, its soooo slow and laggy.

It's buttery smooth on the Thunderbolt. The camera could be a little laggy in 2.0-5 without overclocking but it seems that they're using a different camera in the 3.0 preview since there's no lag and I'm not seeing the panorama mode from previous builds.

tbns

May 28, 2011
Visit site
It's buttery smooth on the Thunderbolt. The camera could be a little laggy in 2.0-5 without overclocking but it seems that they're using a different camera in the 3.0 preview since there's no lag and I'm not seeing the panorama mode from previous builds.

Buttery smooth... I like!

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Gingerbread and full Sense 3.0 will be available to all of us by the end of the week more than likely, thanks to team das BAMF. I can't wait! There's even a beginning port for Kingdom (Evo 3D) in development for our Bolts.

I really don't know why some choose to stay stock with all this kind of stuff going on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781