Possible HTC is pushing 2.3.4 instead of another patch fix for reboot issue?

Brainfart

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I think HTC might be trying to get 2.3.4(Gingerbread) pushed instead of another patch to fix the rebooting issue. I don't know allot about Android OS's, but I think that 2.3.4 or later should fix our rebooting nightmares. As most of us have come to our own conclusions as to what the issue might be the reason behind the reboots. I believe it was the OTA and not a hardware issue. Since quite a few of us had no problems at all before the OTA and low & behold after the OTA the nightmare begins of multiple rebooting daily. Just my 2 cents

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
That is quite possible considering the fix could be built into Gingerbread. Besides, with Gingerbread so close, why not just release that instead of two updates?

FYI: I say Gingerbread is close based on devices such as the Evo 4G receiving it.

Brainfart

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Enough talk, they better just do it. Thy should have just given us the old OS back.

I couldn't agree with you more. Why can't they re-flash just the phones that are having this issue until it has been totally fixed. Instead of replacing them with "Factory Certified" phones that still are rebooting also. It would be simple enough to set up the Verizon stores to do this.

Reactions: Chrisy

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Honestly this has been my worst phone I have ever had. They have a lot of angry people out there right now. Hope they fix it soon.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't agree with you more. Why can't they re-flash just the phones that are having this issue until it has been totally fixed. Instead of replacing them with "Factory Certified" phones that still are rebooting also. It would be simple enough to set up the Verizon stores to do this.

All they would really have to do is repackage the old software with a newer version number than the bum update has and it would flash just fine.

Mommy_monkey

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
That is quite possible considering the fix could be built into Gingerbread. Besides, with Gingerbread so close, why not just release that instead of two updates?

FYI: I say Gingerbread is close based on devices such as the Evo 4G receiving it.
I have had 4 devices, 2 with and 2 without OTA. CSR at VZW told me they believed it had to due with the OTA, but still rebooting, and gets worse day by day. Am praying (Before it becomes roadkill) that they figure it out...

NorCalStorm

Oct 31, 2009
www.twitter.com
I think it might be a certain app causing your reboots. My thunderbolt hasn't run into any since and im heavy using it on the first software.
I have had 4 devices, 2 with and 2 without OTA. CSR at VZW told me they believed it had to due with the OTA, but still rebooting, and gets worse day by day. Am praying (Before it becomes roadkill) that they figure it out...

dms76

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

Why not use the original Rom on pda to downgrade and then see if problems resolve?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci