1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock Non Rooted

Question Did a Factory Data Reset & now my Market is an older version?

I did a Factory Data Reset as suggested by HTC to attempt to cure my rebooting issues(no it didn't fix it). Now my Market has reverted to the older version and I cannot get it to update to the current version? I have rebooted & cleared cache but still nothing. Any ideas what I can do to get updated to the latest version? It has been like this for 2 days(when I did the Reset)
    Should I clear Data also? Don't know what this will do.

My phone is showing I have 2.1.2v

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted, Unlocked

Don't worry about it too much. It will update on its own one day. It took 3-4 days for me once. One day you are going to notice that it updated on its own.

If you are really worried about it, download the Appbrain app and sync that app... it uses your primary Google account to update all your apps... I prefer their reviews and app information... but the market has gotten much better.

Just go to applications and remove data and it will open the new version.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - HTC Droid Incredible - HTC Thunderbolt - Asus Transformer TF101-B1 with dock - Nook Color - Logitech Revue.

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

Which IS the most recent? I have 2.3.6.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by mrtonk View Post
    Which IS the most recent? I have 2.3.6.
    I upgraded mine when I first got the phone via the "clear data" trick, and I have 2.3.6 also.

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    Stock Non Rooted

Thanks. I'll give the Clear Data option a try & see if that fixes it. If not I guess I will wait for it to do it on it's own.

Thanks everyone!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    Stock Non Rooted

Still no luck. Has'nt updated and I cleared Data. I synced with the AppBrain app and still nothing. Any other suggestions other than wait a few days?

Clear Data and reboot. Worked for me back when I got my TB
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    Stock Non Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by willdogs View Post
    Clear Data and reboot. Worked for me back when I got my TB
    No luck just tried that and still old version of market. Humm. Weird

Are you clearing the data the right way?

Setting -> Applications -> Manage Apps -> ALL -> Market

Push Clear Data and Confirm by Clicking OK

Reboot

It took about 5-10 minutes and then the new market started to download and install on its own after it booted back up.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

ROM
    Stock Non Rooted

Finally Updated after like 5 hours after I did the last Data clear and reboot right after. Thanks for everyone's help!

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Probably just a coincidence but I never noticed having a reboot until my TB updated to the new version Market on its own.

Unhappy Re: Did a Factory Data Reset & now my Market is an older version?

Alright. I did a factory reset on mine, and I got everything back to the basics. Going to pull my market up, and it takes me to a terms and conditions page, of which I cant click any accept or decline button. Ive been searching for a solution and all im seeing is things on server errors. I think this is an actual problem though. This is getting really frustrating because I want to have all my apps back. Please help.

Default Re: Did a Factory Data Reset & now my Market is an older version?

Quote Originally Posted by Cholenc View Post
    Alright. I did a factory reset on mine, and I got everything back to the basics. Going to pull my market up, and it takes me to a terms and conditions page, of which I cant click any accept or decline button. Ive been searching for a solution and all im seeing is things on server errors. I think this is an actual problem though. This is getting really frustrating because I want to have all my apps back. Please help.
    Have you tried going into the app manager and clearing the data/cache on the market?

Try accessing play.google.com, sign in with your Gmail account on your browser, see if that helps

~¤~°Holliewood °~¤~
    ~*Purple Android*~

Yep. I followed everything everyone has been saying on this thread, and so far I'm still stuck in the same place. I cleared data, rebooted, and waited to open the market. Still nothing. :l
    I also went to the website and still couldn't access it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cholenc View Post
    Yep. I followed everything everyone has been saying on this thread, and so far I'm still stuck in the same place. I cleared data, rebooted, and waited to open the market. Still nothing. :l
    I also went to the website and still couldn't access it.
    A sort of silly question but have you scrolled all the way to the bottom of the terms/agreements? A lot of times you need to do that in order to activate the accept button. I can't remember if the Google Play store makes you do that or not. Worth a shot if you haven't already.

Not too silly, a lot of people wouldn't do that. Yeah. Every time I pull it up, I check to see if a 'accept' button has appeared. So far, no such luck still. Grrrr.

Whelp. Turns out my phone is so outdated, it's been removed from the supported list of the play store.

You have a Thunderbolt, right? I highly doubt that is the issue if you do. You should still be able to use some form of the Play Store on it forever I would think.

Nope, the very first Optimus. It doesn't even exist. Haha. I'm not entirely sure how, but I went to an app called 'my device' and it transferred me to a page asking me to accept my play store. Don't quite understand it.. But all seems to be working like it was before, although the reset made my phone glitch more. Oi.