Activesync Exchange and multiple folders

jstewart0131

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I have my work Exchange account sync'd using the TB's built in mail application. It works well except that I have about a dozen folders with server side rules that automatically sorts and moves emails out of my inbox and into the appropriate folders. So far, I have not found a way to get automatic download and notification of the emails not in my inbox folder. I have to manually switch to each folder I want to view to see if I have any new messages in them. Is there a good way around this?

rserda

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
get Touchdown for Exchange... the lack of notifications of email in child folders within the Inbox is a show stopper for me as the Senior Systems Administrator, i received critical system state notifications throughout the day.. I NEED to know what's UP/DOWN in our infrastructure at all times! TouchDown at $20, is an awesome solution to address this issue, as well as the connectivity to the rest of our Exchange environment, (tasks, contacts, calendar, mail) is NICE!! This a very robust client for Android to the Enterprise Mail world.. for sure!! very pleased with this app! :cool:

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
get Touchdown for Exchange... the lack of notifications of email in child folders within the Inbox is a show stopper for me as the Senior Systems Administrator, i received critical system state notifications throughout the day.. I NEED to know what's UP/DOWN in our infrastructure at all times! TouchDown at $20, is an awesome solution to address this issue, as well as the connectivity to the rest of our Exchange environment, (tasks, contacts, calendar, mail) is NICE!! This a very robust client for Android to the Enterprise Mail world.. for sure!! very pleased with this app! :cool:

I am on the opposite side of the fence as you. For me, this is a blessing, not a hindrance. I too am a sysadmin and get TONS of emails daily. I'm sure you know how it is. lol. I have my server-side rules move all non-critical mail to subfolders so that I do NOT get alerted of them. If I did, my phone would never shut up. All my critical stuff goes directly to the inbox so that I know that if I get a notification on my phone, its most likely something important.

spepi

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
i am too looking for individual folder...so if I get a new email, my notification bar, I can go right to that folder..but, again, like ock states, his important emails come to inbox. the others, he can check from time to time. I am a sys admin, and i am at my computer all day, so I see those individual emails in my outlook...but I will still keep looking around. I hate to use something that the rest of the company isnt using...I support 250 HTC EVO's in all my spare time :p

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
How do you get the sub-folders to show up? Mine do not show up on the folder list. I only get the default ones (inbox, deleted items, sent items, drafts, outbox, etc). My user created folders do not show up on the list so I have no way of viewing those emails.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
How do you get the sub-folders to show up? Mine do not show up on the folder list. I only get the default ones (inbox, deleted items, sent items, drafts, outbox, etc). My user created folders do not show up on the list so I have no way of viewing those emails.

Sorry for asking the "duh" questions but I have to just to make sure...

1. You are referring to an email account through Microsoft Exchange, correct?

2. Are the folders you're referring to part of your Exchange account and not within a local PST that is attached to your Outlook profile?

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for asking the "duh" questions but I have to just to make sure...

1. You are referring to an email account through Microsoft Exchange, correct?

2. Are the folders you're referring to part of your Exchange account and not within a local PST that is attached to your Outlook profile?

1. Yep, Exchange work email account.

2. I believe so. It is a sub-folder under my Inbox. When using Outlook 2010 on my PC, I right click on the folder (shown as a sub folder under Inbox), for "Location" is has \\My Name\Inbox.

My work email even has a web based client which can see the sub folders from any computer (not just my work PC). So I don't believe it is a local PST.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
1. Yep, Exchange work email account.

2. I believe so. It is a sub-folder under my Inbox. When using Outlook 2010 on my PC, I right click on the folder (shown as a sub folder under Inbox), for "Location" is has \\My Name\Inbox.

My work email even has a web based client which can see the sub folders from any computer (not just my work PC). So I don't believe it is a local PST.

Do you know which version of Exchange your company uses?