Does anybody's verizon hot spot work?

tbns

May 28, 2011
Visit site
When I use the Verizon hot spot application to try and connect to the internet via phone from my laptop, I lose 4g connectivity every minute or so. It makes the mobile hot spot completely unusable. 4g stays connected just fine when I'm not doing hot spot.

Anybody else have this issue? Solutions?

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Do you lose all connection, or just 4G? Do you still get 3G? I am asking because I use the hotspot all the time (at least until June 15th!), but we don't have 4G here.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I've only used the hotspot in 3G area but it works great! My dad uses it with his iPhone when he has to download a big file or app.

tbns

May 28, 2011
Visit site
How do I check data coverage? I'm in a major 4g area (Atlanta) so I don't think that's the problem. Running bamf 1.7. I was just connected and tried to download an os x update... At 40 mb or so, download stops and browsing does to. Then I have to either restart hot spot or wait a minute. Happens even when I'm not downloading larger files.

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
My hotspot cut out but only after an hour of using it. Im thinking I might invest in the Samsung Mobile hotspot, seems more reliable and it gets faster speeds for some reason. Plus not using my battery on my phone would be a plus.

mcowger

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My hotspot cut out but only after an hour of using it. Im thinking I might invest in the Samsung Mobile hotspot, seems more reliable and it gets faster speeds for some reason. Plus not using my battery on my phone would be a plus.

Exact same thing happens to me. I gave up and bought the samsung, which has had not a single problem or drop. Its def. related to the tbolt (and from what I've seen, tbolt with mac (as opposed to windows/PCs).

jdeshong

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine cuts out every few minutes too. You can look at the phone when the internet goes down and see "hotspot active" flash on & off. Sometimes it will work if you leave it alone for 30-40 mins but who has time for that? I rooted the phone and used the wireless tether app and it works perfect now with 100% reliability and faster tether speeds. Thats one feature I won't be paying for after June 15th.

cegabq

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I've used it very successfully in 4G, 3G, & driving down the highway (well, I was driving & my partner was using the hotspot); I was also able to continue using phone & internet functions on the phone at the same time as the hotspot was connected.
Hope you figure out what the problem is preventing you from total use.

skidawg

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
When I use the Verizon hot spot application to try and connect to the internet via phone from my laptop, I lose 4g connectivity every minute or so. It makes the mobile hot spot completely unusable. 4g stays connected just fine when I'm not doing hot spot.

Anybody else have this issue? Solutions?

If you're using a mac it's a known issue. I can connect to my iPad all day long but when I connect to my Macbook Pro it will connect and disconnect continuously after about 3-5 minutes....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670