I gotta say, I'm overall disappointed with the Thunderbolt.

My "smartphone" path: Motorola Q --> LG Dare --> BB 9530 --> BB 9550 --> DInc --> ViP4 --> TB

I've rooted, customized, done my homework, etc...

Still no proper Skype, Netflix. Inexcusably horrible battery life.

I prefer Android over iOS but I liked my DInc better because at least it did what it was supposed to do very well whereas I feel like with the TB some of the basic stuff just isn't there.

At this point, the only reason I haven't gone back to my ViP4 or DInc is because I'm hoping that by staying on an LTE contract, I will be "grandfathered" in for unlimited data at this price point when the tiered plans kick in.

TB = Fail.

Sorry, just my humble opinion and personal experience with the phone...
    06-07-2011 05:30 PM
    I'm glad you put quotation marks on smartphone haha because the dare is not a smartphone.

Well hopefully you can get what you want from the bad experience with the TB. Good Luck.

Oh and don't apologize everyone has different preferences and experiences!
    06-07-2011 05:43 PM
    You should try calling and complaining and doing it again until they let you swap it for another 4g phone. Might get lucky.
    06-07-2011 05:47 PM
    You should try calling and complaining and doing it again until they let you swap it for another 4g phone. Might get lucky.
    Good luck with that......lol
    06-07-2011 05:49 PM
    Good luck with that......lol
    i wouldn't say that.it's how i was upgraded to a htc touch pro,then a htc touch pro 2,hell the tb is the only phone i have had to purchase in 3 years,I LOVE VZW CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

key is do it all over the phone,if you go into a store..................................well then be happy with what you have
    06-07-2011 08:09 PM
    I used a Dare before my thunderbolt. It's totally a smartphone. It can do email, internet, buy games or books etc. Obviously you can say it's nowhere near as good as a modern smartphone, but a primitve smartphone is still a smartphone.
    06-07-2011 08:29 PM
    Love mine.
    06-07-2011 09:22 PM
    I returned a dinc 1 and ordered a thunderbolt. I should have my bolt tomorrow morning before noon. I was hoping to get grandfathered into the whole 4g plan pricing too, if I didnt already have excellent 4g coverage everywhere I go I would of gotten a dinc 2 more then likely
    06-08-2011 12:03 AM
    I liked my Tbolt before the last update. Now it reboots it self atleast twice a day and once a week it says my sd card ejected itself. I have replaced the sd card and it still does it so I'm assuming its the phone. I'm holding onto it until a dual core 4g phone gets released on Verizon.
    06-08-2011 12:19 AM
    i wouldn't say that.it's how i was upgraded to a htc touch pro,then a htc touch pro 2,hell the tb is the only phone i have had to purchase in 3 years,I LOVE VZW CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

key is do it all over the phone,if you go into a store..................................well then be happy with what you have
    Same here. Before the TB ($75), I had not bought a phone or signed a contract since my Sammy i760 ($50 in 2007).
    06-08-2011 05:02 AM
    I'm using the T-bolt as my main internet connection for home so I'll be pissed if they change my contract pricing for $30 unlimited data or even worse put a data cap on. When I bought the phone a few weeks ago, the Verzion rep assured me they wouldn't do that once you were in a contract.
    06-08-2011 11:48 AM
    I'm using the T-bolt as my main internet connection for home so I'll be pissed if they change my contract pricing for $30 unlimited data or even worse put a data cap on. When I bought the phone a few weeks ago, the Verzion rep assured me they wouldn't do that once you were in a contract.
    Are you running your home internet over the 4G mobile hotspot, or just over 3g? I wanted to do the same, but if I do anything even minorly intensive, my hot spot cuts out.
    06-08-2011 12:04 PM
    Are you running your home internet over the 4G mobile hotspot, or just over 3g? I wanted to do the same, but if I do anything even minorly intensive, my hot spot cuts out.

The built in hopspot was giving me troubles and seems to give quite a few others troubles as well. The hotspot feature on mine kept restarting and dropping my internet every few minutes. Once I rooted the phone, I installed the wireless tether app and it was been working perfect ever since. I can stream an HD netflix movie while my son plays call of duty online at the same time with no hiccups.
    06-08-2011 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD