Hope of "grandfathered" unlimited LTE the only thing keeping me...

reyxlp

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I gotta say, I'm overall disappointed with the Thunderbolt.

My "smartphone" path: Motorola Q --> LG Dare --> BB 9530 --> BB 9550 --> DInc --> ViP4 --> TB

I've rooted, customized, done my homework, etc...

Still no proper Skype, Netflix. Inexcusably horrible battery life.

I prefer Android over iOS but I liked my DInc better because at least it did what it was supposed to do very well whereas I feel like with the TB some of the basic stuff just isn't there.

At this point, the only reason I haven't gone back to my ViP4 or DInc is because I'm hoping that by staying on an LTE contract, I will be "grandfathered" in for unlimited data at this price point when the tiered plans kick in.

TB = Fail.

Sorry, just my humble opinion and personal experience with the phone...

aBoldPatriotsFan

Android Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad you put quotation marks on smartphone haha because the dare is not a smartphone.

Well hopefully you can get what you want from the bad experience with the TB. Good Luck.

Oh and don't apologize everyone has different preferences and experiences!

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
You should try calling and complaining and doing it again until they let you swap it for another 4g phone. Might get lucky.

straitup27

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Good luck with that......lol:D

i wouldn't say that.it's how i was upgraded to a htc touch pro,then a htc touch pro 2,hell the tb is the only phone i have had to purchase in 3 years,I LOVE VZW CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

key is do it all over the phone,if you go into a store..................................well then be happy with what you have :)

naveride

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I used a Dare before my thunderbolt. It's totally a smartphone. It can do email, internet, buy games or books etc. Obviously you can say it's nowhere near as good as a modern smartphone, but a primitve smartphone is still a smartphone.

bman123

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I returned a dinc 1 and ordered a thunderbolt. I should have my bolt tomorrow morning before noon. I was hoping to get grandfathered into the whole 4g plan pricing too, if I didnt already have excellent 4g coverage everywhere I go I would of gotten a dinc 2 more then likely

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I liked my Tbolt before the last update. Now it reboots it self atleast twice a day and once a week it says my sd card ejected itself. I have replaced the sd card and it still does it so I'm assuming its the phone. I'm holding onto it until a dual core 4g phone gets released on Verizon.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
i wouldn't say that.it's how i was upgraded to a htc touch pro,then a htc touch pro 2,hell the tb is the only phone i have had to purchase in 3 years,I LOVE VZW CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

key is do it all over the phone,if you go into a store..................................well then be happy with what you have :)
Same here. Before the TB ($75), I had not bought a phone or signed a contract since my Sammy i760 ($50 in 2007).

jdeshong

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the T-bolt as my main internet connection for home so I'll be pissed if they change my contract pricing for $30 unlimited data or even worse put a data cap on. When I bought the phone a few weeks ago, the Verzion rep assured me they wouldn't do that once you were in a contract.

tbns

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the T-bolt as my main internet connection for home so I'll be pissed if they change my contract pricing for $30 unlimited data or even worse put a data cap on. When I bought the phone a few weeks ago, the Verzion rep assured me they wouldn't do that once you were in a contract.

Are you running your home internet over the 4G mobile hotspot, or just over 3g? I wanted to do the same, but if I do anything even minorly intensive, my hot spot cuts out.

jdeshong

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Are you running your home internet over the 4G mobile hotspot, or just over 3g? I wanted to do the same, but if I do anything even minorly intensive, my hot spot cuts out.

The built in hopspot was giving me troubles and seems to give quite a few others troubles as well. The hotspot feature on mine kept restarting and dropping my internet every few minutes. Once I rooted the phone, I installed the wireless tether app and it was been working perfect ever since. I can stream an HD netflix movie while my son plays call of duty online at the same time with no hiccups.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21