Reboot fix coming the second half of June

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
thunderbolt-power-cycling.jpg

http://www.androidcentral.com/verizon-prepping-fix-thunderbolt-reboots-scheduled-next-few-weeks

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Good news, indeed! I wonder if either VZW or HTC will ever tell us about the root cause of this problem.

And I also wonder if any of their engineers were reading this forum for clues.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Hey MR2 is the new leak radio. That means official Gingerbread is coming late June.

Send from my Easy BRICK Oven Radio via Thunderbolt

it's not the same. MR2 is still Froyo. The radio is gingerbread compatible though so that's why it also works on gingerbread. And jcase will be posting the full MR2 RUU sometime today for the rooted crowd

nativi

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
it's not the same. MR2 is still Froyo. The radio is gingerbread compatible though so that's why it also works on gingerbread. And jcase will be posting the full MR2 RUU sometime today for the rooted crowd

Alright. But still they did say a while back that we should get GB before the end of the second quarter.

Send from my Easy BRICK Oven Radio via Thunderbolt

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Very good news! I had no reboots until the update and the reboots vary depending on where I am (they are worse in Miami, happening multiple times a day; and rare when I'm in the Philly area). Let's hope this new updates does fix this problem once and for all.

mrtonk

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if the GB release will be delayed due to extra resources being diverted to trying to determine the cause of the reboot problem and writing code to fix it.

DCoy82

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey Phil just to kill my curiosity if it's area specific, do you have problems with Thunderbolt reboots at all in Pensacola? I live in Pace which is right on the Pensacola 4g fringe area and I get constant reboots all day long. Drives me nuts!

Thanks

Sal

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know: Will this this fixer also update those few of us who never got the original buggy OTA update to begin with? I'm glad I never got it, for whatever reason. But will my phone be able to receive update#2 if I never got update #1?

Would love any and all opinions on this. Thanks!

Brainfart

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Well it's about time........ I'm so glad I waited and didn't exchange my phone out for a CLND! As long as this fixes the problem I'm willing to wait for Gingerbread if this is not it and only a fix. Had 6 reboots yesterday happened from Fort Myers,FL to Port Charlotte,FL :( . I can wait a few more weeks eve though this is only phone(no land line)

Ya know for these reboot issues Verizon should credit us on our bills or give us extra minutes for a few months or some sort of compensation for the major inconvenience and aggravations we have suffered.

Reactions: Chrisy

Nitros7

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Got my first reboot here at home today, every other one was wail I was out of town, good to see they are fixing it but I would have liked to see GB on the phone too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois