Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,114 Global Posts

Default Reboot fix coming the second half of June

Thanked by 11:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

ROM
    BAMF Sense 3.0

Hey MR2 is the new leak radio. That means official Gingerbread is coming late June.

Send from my Easy BRICK Oven Radio via Thunderbolt
    Thanked by:

Good news, indeed! I wonder if either VZW or HTC will ever tell us about the root cause of this problem.

And I also wonder if any of their engineers were reading this forum for clues.

Quote Originally Posted by nativi View Post
    Hey MR2 is the new leak radio. That means official Gingerbread is coming late June.

it's not the same. MR2 is still Froyo. The radio is gingerbread compatible though so that's why it also works on gingerbread. And jcase will be posting the full MR2 RUU sometime today for the rooted crowd
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    BAMF Sense 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by PJnc284 View Post
    it's not the same. MR2 is still Froyo. The radio is gingerbread compatible though so that's why it also works on gingerbread. And jcase will be posting the full MR2 RUU sometime today for the rooted crowd
    Alright. But still they did say a while back that we should get GB before the end of the second quarter.

Very good news! I had no reboots until the update and the reboots vary depending on where I am (they are worse in Miami, happening multiple times a day; and rare when I'm in the Philly area). Let's hope this new updates does fix this problem once and for all.
    I choose Android...it's only logical.

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

I wonder if the GB release will be delayed due to extra resources being diverted to trying to determine the cause of the reboot problem and writing code to fix it.

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts

Hey Phil just to kill my curiosity if it's area specific, do you have problems with Thunderbolt reboots at all in Pensacola? I live in Pace which is right on the Pensacola 4g fringe area and I get constant reboots all day long. Drives me nuts!

Thanks

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 RC1.2

WhooT wH00T!!! I just want that MR2 radio so I can haz my gingerbreadz!
    -SoDev

It's about time! Hopefully this will deliver other fixes as well, my GPS can still be flaky.
    Device history:
    Storm 1 > Tour > Droid > Droid Incredible > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Motorola Razr HD MAXX & Nexus 7

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by ALCingularUser View Post
    I wonder if either VZW or HTC will ever tell us about the root cause of this problem.
    Hahaha.... Ah-Hahahaah... Ahhh-Haaahahahaha!

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

Quote Originally Posted by SoDev View Post
    WhooT wH00T!!! I just want that MR2 radio so I can haz my gingerbreadz!
    lol. You can haz gingerbreadz without that radio.
    Thanked by:
    SoDev 

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 RC1.2

Quote Originally Posted by PJnc284 View Post
    lol. You can haz gingerbreadz without that radio.
    I did...

You tease me, when you can make the pain go away...

irskurdoftehbrickness... and I want dasBAMFbreadz
    -SoDev
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,708 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Baseband, lol, knew it.
    Sal

Does anyone know: Will this this fixer also update those few of us who never got the original buggy OTA update to begin with? I'm glad I never got it, for whatever reason. But will my phone be able to receive update#2 if I never got update #1?

Would love any and all opinions on this. Thanks!

ROM
    Stock Non Rooted

Well it's about time........ I'm so glad I waited and didn't exchange my phone out for a CLND! As long as this fixes the problem I'm willing to wait for Gingerbread if this is not it and only a fix. Had 6 reboots yesterday happened from Fort Myers,FL to Port Charlotte,FL . I can wait a few more weeks eve though this is only phone(no land line)

Ya know for these reboot issues Verizon should credit us on our bills or give us extra minutes for a few months or some sort of compensation for the major inconvenience and aggravations we have suffered.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    I think that the HTC devs, internally, are calling this fix "The Chrisy Fix".

-Frank
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]
    High Five Champion

ROM
    CM9 Nightlies

This is awesome, my refurb still reboots but at least not as much as my first tb. Thanks for the info Phil!

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 RC1.2

I haven't had a reboot in weeks. Feel lucky.
    -SoDev

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts

Got my first reboot here at home today, every other one was wail I was out of town, good to see they are fixing it but I would have liked to see GB on the phone too.

ROM
    Stock Gingerbread

Quote Originally Posted by Sal View Post
    Does anyone know: Will this this fixer also update those few of us who never got the original buggy OTA update to begin with? I'm glad I never got it, for whatever reason. But will my phone be able to receive update#2 if I never got update #1?

This is the same question I have. Does anyone know? Thanks everyone for your help.

Global Posts
    580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted 4.0.4

Sounds good! Mine only reboots about 3-4 times a week now so Im really no complaining.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Sal View Post

Yes, you should be fine. It should fix any reboot issue you may have and you should also be offered the update automatically. No need to apply any previous updates.

-Frank
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,537 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FrankXS View Post
    I think that the HTC devs, internally, are calling this fix "The Chrisy Fix".

-Frank
    I'm going to miss making threads and polls about the reboots. lol. What will I do with all my spare time when it's fixed?!
    Sal

Quote Originally Posted by FrankXS View Post
    Yes, you should be fine. It should fix any reboot issue you may have and you should also be offered the update automatically. No need to apply any previous updates.

-Frank
    Thanks for your reply. Hope you're right. It's just kinda weird that (what seems to be) a fairly small group of us never got anything -- good bad or indifferent.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast