1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy-TORO

Default 4g lag?

Is anyone having some 4g lag with their internet? When I open a webpage it hangs for like two mins then loads and I know four other people having the same issue with the same model. With other devices like the charge or lg are working perfectly fine.

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

Same here but not always.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

I just noticed it today. Tried soft and hard reset and it's still doing it sporadically. Very annoying.

Mine did it today also..

Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock w/ Root

My phone blew donkey balls today dealing with the internet. All day for the past few days it has been absolute garbage. I am in the Los Angeles area.

I don't get why it hangs like that. It only does it on 4g too. I ran a speed test and pulled 21mbps at 150ms ping

ROM
    DasBamf 2.0b5

Seems like it's mostly happening on Google-owned sites. I'm thinking it has something to do with IPv6 Day, which was Wednesday.

So what is everyone doing about this? I'm about to throw my phone thru a wall! I ran the ipv6 tests...got a whopping 0/10 score.

ROM
    DasBamf 2.0b5

Are you rooted?
    Geek Freak

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers View Post
    My phone blew donkey balls today dealing with the internet. All day for the past few days it has been absolute garbage. I am in the Los Angeles area.
    My same experience in Orange County, 4G has been sucking. I am getting so frustrated. It's been days since I have had reliable 4g service. Battery SUCKS because these 4g issues.

Sent from my Thunderbolt 4G LTE using Tapatalk
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1

ROM
    DasBamf 2.0b5

For rooted users, a solution to this issue was identified by AC Forums member, meballard. His post is here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...tml#post986906. I can confirm that this works, not only for Google Voice, but also for 99% of the connectivity issues I had been experiencing. The only app or website I've found that still won't work is Chrome to Phone.

If his method is able to help you, please remember to give meballard some credit by using the "Thanks" button.

We all need to be calling Verizon about this. I did when I first noticed this on Thursday. I also am in the los Angeles area.

I have a ticket open with their tech support. If they don't know about the problem or are not pressured enough to do something about it then we can't count on things getting better.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using TapTalk

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock ice cream

I agree 4G takes longer then 3g lately in California especially at my work

Global Posts
    951 Global Posts

yeah its really slow now,and its pissing me off for sure.

first noticed this problem on 6/10, in the LA area. Went to San Diego the next day and had the same problem. However, between the LTE areas (Oceanside) when i was on 3G only, it worked fine. Definitely something screwy with the LTE.

ROM
    Stock

Still borked

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

I'm having the same issues. I use g-voice and I think that because the app is pulling from the network that and isnt not connecting, it is killing my battery.