Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cyber Warrior
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen Lock of Death

Please help! Checked multiple forums, unable to find one person with the same issue. Any direction will be greatly appreciated!

Currently when the phone auto screen locks or you tap the power button to make the screen idle, the screen will not turn back on. I have to remove and reinstall the battery to get the phone to come out of screen lock. It still has power in this screen lock of death. The notifications light will light up when messages are received but it still won't turn the screen back on. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

Are you using a custom rom or the one that came with the phone? Any screen lock widgets?
    Besides doing a factory reset... one thing you can try is downloading Widgetlocker and set it to Wake on any hardkey... which you can then set the phone to wake with the volume keys.

Other then that, if rebooting the phone or wiping the phone with a factory reset doesn't fix it. I would send it back if you have insurance or are still covered under the warranty.
    Thanked by:
    SoDev likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks! I did a factory reset a few days ago and the issue still existed, that was with no apps installed too =/ I downloaded a screen lock widget, appreciate the idea! I'll keep you posted . . . Thanks again!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Negative. Issue still exists. Factory reset, no go. Screenlock widgets, no go. Phone will not power back up when screen is placed idle. Thanks for the advice. Prob replace tomorrow. Hopefully no one else has this problem. Not very convenient! lol

Default Re: Screen Lock of Death

I have something similar.
    So far I've only noticed it when I disable auto brightness. When the screen goes to sleep, it won't wake back up. I have to pull the battery and then be sure to re-enable auto brightness.

Hard Reset does not fix issue.
    Device: Verizon Note2

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

I would call VZW sound like something is wrong with your power button.
    I love the way my thunderbolt feels in my hands.......

I did a little more testing.

If I take the phone off auto brightness, and turn the brightness down to the lowest setting, the screen won't light back up once the phone has been asleep for a certain time.

I'll call verizon after the weekend.
    Device: Verizon Note2

I just had this issue. Installed a custom ROM and that issue arrived. I just did a full wipe of cache/data/dalvik. Then reinstalled the Rom and now its fine. Don't know what caused it but its gone now.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    HTC Thunderbolt 4G
    Running: Bamf Forever Cubed 1.0.9