Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New update will push to Thunderbolts starting 6/10

My company mole sent me a text after she received a little inside notification. Guess We shall see....she originally sent me a text yesterday about the mid-june update that was posted on here yesterday that I was skeptical on since she like a lower tier rep. So hopefully I broke this more specific timeframe on the update.

Assuming this source is 100% accurate, I still bet if the 4G issues many people are having today aren't resolved by tomorrow that this gets pushed back...just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by paintdrinkingpete View Post
    Assuming this source is 100% accurate, I still bet if the 4G issues many people are having today aren't resolved by tomorrow that this gets pushed back...just sayin'
    4G issues? What are these 4G issues that you speak of? I'm not having any issues.

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Root

Quote Originally Posted by WebDevAnalyst View Post
    4G issues? What are these 4G issues that you speak of? I'm not having any issues.
    I think it's running slow again, I know I am having some slight issues.
    If I contribute something at all semi-useful please give me a thanks
    Note: I am not an expert, I just think I am

Quote Originally Posted by dms76 View Post
    Hmm... how slow? I'm running Radio Companion right now and just did a few speedtests and I'm still getting around 16Mbps.

How will this affect us root users? Will I get prompted to update even if I'm running a Rom? I'm running das BAMF 1.7 remix....

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    Hoe will this affect us root users? Will I get prompted to update even if I'm running a Rom? I'm running saw BAMF 1.7 remix....

I would just see if you can pull it tomorrow. I just checked and it's not out yet. Although I'm sure the areas with the most complaints will probably see the update first. That being the case, I'll probably end up being one of the last people on here to get the update.
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

How will this affect us root users? Will I get prompted to update even if I'm running a Rom? I'm running das BAMF 1.7 remix....

You should not be prompted for the ota if you are running a custom rom. And i would not try to get it OTA from verizon if you are rooted, either.

Once the ota is pushed out, or probably before it becomes available from verizon, you will be able to get the updates packaged for root users or baked into the next version of the roms you are using.

Quote Originally Posted by dms76 View Post
    There were 4G data issues reported here and on XDA since yesterday. I'm guessing they may have been cleared up though... Some speculated it was IPv6 day related.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...yesterday.html

You should not be prompted. If you are, don't install it.

I'm eager to try the new radio...unless you want to go back to stock, you'll have to wait for some custom ROMs to be built based on the new RUU.

Provided this is true, I'm assuming this isn't the Gingerbread update, just another "fix", huh?

Quote Originally Posted by MRW1215 View Post
    Provided this is true, I'm assuming this isn't the Gingerbread update, just another "fix", huh?
    Yes, this is another Froyo update.

It's definitely coming, the only real question is "when?"

The radio part of it was leaked yesterday...

There were 4G data issues reported here and on XDA since yesterday. I'm guessing they may have been cleared up though... Some speculated it was IPv6 day related.

I definitely wasn't having any issues yesterday either. I actually had my fastest speed test ever...

Pretty good member

Global Posts
    917 Global Posts

Maybe the problem was very isolated. I'm only 45 miles away and was getting 34 Mbps and 8 up yesterday.

Thanks, Robrecht

An update needs to happen. My 4g continually stops working especially when I am web browsing. I also have a lot of issues receiving and sending pictures. What's the deal.

So here's something to make everyone worry. What happens if the phone reboots in the middle of the update process? OK, it probably can't do that when the update is actually being applied, since the radio is off, but it could happen during the download. Could you just boot back up and pull the update again, or would the update server assume you'd already got it and not offer it to you a second time?

I definitely wasn't having any issues yesterday either. I actually had my fastest speed test ever...

WOW! I just got the Speedtest app and got 9.12Mbps down and 3.09Mbps up - and I'm in a solid 4G area in So Calif.

the browser is still slow to load though so I don't know what to think.

are you rooted?

my 4G has had issues today, just turned it off and am back on 3G now

Quote Originally Posted by ALCingularUser View Post
    So here's something to make everyone worry. What happens if the phone reboots in the middle of the update process? OK, it probably can't do that when the update is actually being applied, since the radio is off, but it could happen during the download. Could you just boot back up and pull the update again, or would the update server assume you'd already got it and not offer it to you a second time?
    Just go to a place where you don't get reboots or where you get very few. That's pretty easy for me. I've had very few reboots and the couple I actually had in my house were in my bedroom, so I just need to stay away from my bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by obidos View Post
    WOW! I just got the Speedtest app and got 9.12Mbps down and 3.09Mbps up - and I'm in a solid 4G area in So Calif.

the browser is still slow to load though so I don't know what to think.

are you rooted?
    Nope, I'm on stock everything. I'm waiting until after Gingerbread to root. I'd say try a different server.
    Pretty good member

Global Posts
    917 Global Posts

What, are you now climbing to the top of the tower to do your speedtests?

Thanks, Robrecht

Quote Originally Posted by robrecht View Post
    What, are you now climbing to the top of the tower to do your speedtests? By the way, what server do you use?

Thanks, Robrecht
    No, I posted this in my 50Mbps thread and I said that this actually wasn't anywhere close to the other tower and that I actually didn't know where the closest tower was when I did this test. I'm guessing it was probably pretty close by as it was on another busy street (W. Florissant in Ferguson, I was at WingStop).

I use the Chicago Comcast Server. I think it's the second in the list of the Chicago servers. The other one is Towerstream I think.

I'm using the closest one to me and now got 7.20Mbps down and 2.56Mbps up.

Anyway, I thought HTC just recently said they still don't know what's causing the reboots, so it seems a little odd to think they'd right away have an OTA tomorrow. I, personally, have never once had any reboots on my phone. I'm kinda worried, though, that if this new OTA doesn't fix the reboot issue, and I download it, that my phone will start getting the reboot issue. :/

Quote Originally Posted by obidos View Post
    I'm using the closest one to me and now got 7.20Mbps down and 2.56Mbps up.
    Closest isn't always better. The St. Louis server only gives me about those numbers as well. The Independence, MO servers give me better results, but Chicago's servers are by far the best.

Quote Originally Posted by MRW1215 View Post
    Anyway, I thought HTC just recently said they still don't know what's causing the reboots, so it seems a little odd to think they'd right away have an OTA tomorrow. I, personally, have never once had any reboots on my phone. I'm kinda worried, though, that if this new OTA doesn't fix the reboot issue, and I download it, that my phone will start getting the reboot issue. :/
    Kinda makes you wonder if they aren't using this upcoming update to roll things back to where they were before the last one, at least as far as the radio is concerned. Honestly, if this was my project, and I didn't have a fix in the works, and especially if I didn't have a handle on the cause of the problem, I'd seriously consider doing just that, assuming, of course, that doing so would provide a temporary solution until I could get something better worked out.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast