Default Any way to clear recently opened apps in notification panel? Thx

Possible? Thx guys!

Sent from my "concentrated source of light" using Tapatalk
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Only way I know how is to cycle the power sorry I couldn't give you a better answer.

Quote Originally Posted by mclarryjr View Post
    Only way I know how is to cycle the power sorry I couldn't give you a better answer.
    can you explain a lil more please
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Ok thx anyway.

I even tried force stopping sense and letting it reload but that didn't even work. I tried searching apps out to no avail....

Quote Originally Posted by theGman911 View Post
    Ok thx anyway.

I even tried force stopping sense and letting it reload but that didn't even work. I tried searching apps out to no avail....

It's not a Sense item... the recent apps in the notification bar are part of the Android OS... I believe a reboot is the only way I know to clear that list.

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts

most of the custom roms disable that

ROM
    GummyNex 0.3.8

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    It's not a Sense item... the recent apps in the notification bar are part of the Android OS... I believe a reboot is the only way I know to clear that list.
    Is it Android or HTC? I may be mistaken but I don't think Samsung Fascinate or LG Ally had it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by prakash99 View Post
    Is it Android or HTC? I may be mistaken but I don't think Samsung Fascinate or LG Ally had it.

I think what people are saying is that the recent apps list is an android thing in general (pressing and holding home button) but HTC explicitly displays it in the notification panel. Whereas other phones you would just hold down home.

With all the apps that do the same thing and with all the home screens and use of folders it is really not needed and I just wish they left it out.... Oh well.

ROM
    GummyNex 0.3.8

You are right. I would have preferred the toggle strip like Samsung has. I never use the app list on HTC's notification panel as well. I recently installed Visual Task Switcher which serves my purposes better.

Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bushido90 View Post
    can you explain a lil more please
    Explain what more? Turning the phone off and back on clears it. Hold down the power button, then click Restart.

That's how you power cycle your phone.

Default Re: Any way to clear recently opened apps in notification panel? Thx

Hold down the home button until the screen changes to show the list of recently used apps.
    Hold and drag the app, from right to left, that you want to remove off the screen. It will also not show up in the system bar/notification.