Any way to clear recently opened apps in notification panel? Thx

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok thx anyway.

I even tried force stopping sense and letting it reload but that didn't even work. I tried searching apps out to no avail....

Sent from my "concentrated source of light" using Tapatalk

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok thx anyway.

I even tried force stopping sense and letting it reload but that didn't even work. I tried searching apps out to no avail....

It's not a Sense item... the recent apps in the notification bar are part of the Android OS... I believe a reboot is the only way I know to clear that list.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
It's not a Sense item... the recent apps in the notification bar are part of the Android OS... I believe a reboot is the only way I know to clear that list.

Is it Android or HTC? I may be mistaken but I don't think Samsung Fascinate or LG Ally had it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Is it Android or HTC? I may be mistaken but I don't think Samsung Fascinate or LG Ally had it.

I think what people are saying is that the recent apps list is an android thing in general (pressing and holding home button) but HTC explicitly displays it in the notification panel. Whereas other phones you would just hold down home.

With all the apps that do the same thing and with all the home screens and use of folders it is really not needed and I just wish they left it out.... Oh well.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
You are right. I would have preferred the toggle strip like Samsung has. I never use the app list on HTC's notification panel as well. I recently installed Visual Task Switcher which serves my purposes better.

GregXYZ

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Hold down the home button until the screen changes to show the list of recently used apps.
Hold and drag the app, from right to left, that you want to remove off the screen. It will also not show up in the system bar/notification.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34