Widgetlocker

rcpa

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I own this app, but I haven't used it on the Thunderbolt. But I did use it on my Droid. It worked fairly well, but yes, it did require a persistent notification icon to ensure that it stays in memory. Also, on my Droid, it didn't always replace the lock screen. On occasion, may 1 in 20 times, but often enough to be annoying, the standard lock screen would appear instead of WidgetLocker when I woke up my phone. If I pressed the power button to turn off the screen and then pressed it again to wake it up again, WidgetLocker would appear. It was annoying, but happened infrequently enough that I still used it.

srh.pres.usx

DOXA?holic
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Works perfectly on my t-bolt... and as was mentioned you can hide the notification icon... as well as the notification bar...

sc5.png

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I don't care for the HTC lock screen so I was thinking of picking it up, worth it then? I hate persistent notifications, it's good knowing you can turn it off.

Rav3nCroft

May 12, 2011
Visit site
It's great, I no longer use the power button to wake the screen. Instead I use the volume buttons so I don't accidently shut it off.

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
It's Minimal Mod theme, and I believe you can get it thru the 'get theme' function within the app.

wont let me download/install the theme?

Edit 1: Figured it out, had to manually put the zip in the theme folder
Edit 2: what app are you using for the battery charging and message notification?

Last edited:

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I bought it, runs great. Missedit! doesn't seem to work correctly, refunded it. Any other suggestions for a notification app that displays as text?

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I have it and used it on my T-Bolt. It does work and offers tons of options to customize your lockscreen. However I found it to be slower than the stock lock screen. It was fractions of a second mind you, but I could feel the difference and ultimately it annoyed me to the point where I disabled it and went back to stock. This is a little objective, but it just felt hacked....not as polished an interaction as the stock lock screen. It does offer a lot and overall its a nice app, but its an app....not a true mod or patch of the stock lock screen.

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I can't get that Missedit! app parameters right, how did you get it to display what you got?

Edit: fixed it, this is now awesome :)

Last edited: