4g outage in So. Cal. Tonight?

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I have not been able to get 4g here in So. Cal, South OC for the last few hours, only 3g.

Anyone else?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

dhyamato

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking you're right. I'm in North OC and received a "network connection error" (using Speedtest.net app) in 4G even though the "4G" indicator is present on the status bar. 3G works...

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Still no 4g this morning, powered off and on, then got the 4g icon back, speeds back. Issue is that every few minutes the 4g icon goes away, only bars show, no data, then 4g icon comes back and is working again. It's been cycling like that night, every few minutes.

I am a very patient person, but the Thunderbolt and 4g issues are pushing me.

Sent from my Thunderbolt 4G LTE using Tapatalk

richardpandy

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
Still no 4g this morning, powered off and on, then got the 4g icon back, speeds back. Issue is that every few minutes the 4g icon goes away, only bars show, no data, then 4g icon comes back and is working again. It's been cycling like that night, every few minutes.

I am a very patient person, but the Thunderbolt and 4g issues are pushing me.

I believe the network is jacked right now, surprise surprise, but I woke up several times between 4am-10am this morning hearing the Thunderbolt loading noise which indicates that my phone was randomly rebooting.

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Was in Anaheim, California tonight, 4G issues continue, 4g data connectivity would just come and go every few minutes. If I switch to 3g, all worked fine.

If this June 15th OTA does not solve these issues, I may have, gasp, go back to iPhone. This is getting old. Battery SUCKS because of these issues. Very frustrated.

efficiency

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Was driving all over LA today, Hollywood, Glendale and El Segundo. 4G was totally screwy. It kept going on and off and I had to reboot my phone several times in hopes of trying to fix it. Was lagging and my Voice Google search was not working, or was working extremely slowly. For some reason everytime I try to visit google.com on the thunderbolt it would take forever to load. Anyone else experiencing these issues?

w00tw00twhat

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
In fountain valley and experiencing no problems what so ever. Even using my 4g to download some torrents. Downloading at about 1mb. Seems fine to me lol.

jywang

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
4G barely working in San Diego. Http client test failing with Fail: IOException

I submitted a ticket with Verizon on 6/5 and they have called to say they are still working on the issue. No resolution yet a week later...

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Issues continue today, 6/12. 4G just going out randomly, no data, just voice. Then the 4G comes back and data works. This has been going on for days. I am thinking I may opt for the MR2 RUU, just because this is really getting to me. Hopefully that will fix the issue? Seems like it's isolated to So. Cal?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Issues continue today, 6/12. 4G just going out randomly, no data, just voice. Then the 4G comes back and data works. This has been going on for days. I am thinking I may opt for the MR2 RUU, just because this is really getting to me. Hopefully that will fix the issue? Seems like it's isolated to So. Cal?

I had this in Illinois and it happened both my friend and I. I was running MR2 and she was running the older update so I doubt the issue is on your side. I updated her phone and it still flickered just like mine. We even had trouble getting 3G at times.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
4G barely working in San Diego. Http client test failing with Fail: IOException

I submitted a ticket with Verizon on 6/5 and they have called to say they are still working on the issue. No resolution yet a week later...

If you are rooted, go download "Set DNS" from the android market, and set DNS to Google's public DNS instead (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4).credit meballard

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I have had stuck on 3g in Fullerton/Brea area all weekend. I manually turned on to stay on 3g only. I am in Anaheim and no 4g today. I used to get great 4g - faster than t1 at office....no more. I called the support again - power down, battery pull... i even did factory reset. Still 3g only... I turned off internet at home to use hot spot - bad move, I guess.

jywang

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I installed MR2 due to connectivity issues and unfortunately it appears to have helped with 3G connectivity but 4G is still lagging or completely failing. I'm in San Diego.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2