How do I get rid of the MR2 update?

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Why exactly do you want to do that if you don't mind me asking?

If you're unrooted and try to flash an older version of the RUU in hboot Im not 100 sure if your phone will let you. Some one will have to correct me on that though

Last edited:

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok, well is there a way to root now that I have the update or is it too late?

Yes you can root anytime you want. But if you don't want to root, maybe you should try flashing the previous RUU like Forgetful mentioned. I have never done that before, so I don't know.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

roadsign147

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm from personal exerience that if you follow the steps to "root with adb" but on the first flash download the original or the MR1 RUU it will roll you back to stock with no ill effects at all...i went back to 1.12 from MR2 to take my defective phone back to Best Buy and it worked like a charm!

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm from personal exerience that if you follow the steps to "root with adb" but on the first flash download the original or the MR1 RUU it will roll you back to stock with no ill effects at all...i went back to 1.12 from MR2 to take my defective phone back to Best Buy and it worked like a charm!

So, I'm trying to understand this idea as I'm relatively new to Android coming from many years on BB. You would have to root to return to a previous version of software? You cant just load and older RUU on the SD card under the same PG___img name and flash that?

SpeedJunkie69

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
So, I'm trying to understand this idea as I'm relatively new to Android coming from many years on BB. You would have to root to return to a previous version of software? You cant just load and older RUU on the SD card under the same PG___img name and flash that?

From what I've been told, no you can't do that. You have to root in order to downgrade back. So my original question turned into another one, how can I root the TB when it has MR2?

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
From what I've been told, no you can't do that. You have to root in order to downgrade back. So my original question turned into another one, how can I root the TB when it has MR2?

Hmmm, well the BB was easier to work with. I'm still trying to learn about how to manipulate these Droids.