Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    eishas#AC's Avatar

    Posts
    35 Posts
    ROM
    Das BAMF GingerRemix 2.0

    Default Videos wont play

    Is there an app or something I can use to make my videos play. ? I have a lot of videos that seem to have wmv for the file format that wont play. And also some 3gp videos wont play either

    Lovin tha Thunder! Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
  2. #2  

    Default

    Try Rockplayer.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    eishas#AC's Avatar

    Posts
    35 Posts
    ROM
    Das BAMF GingerRemix 2.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akira751 View Post
    Try Rockplayer.
    Ok thanks. Is it a way to change that to the default viewer ?

    Lovin tha Thunder! Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    eishas#AC's Avatar

    Posts
    35 Posts
    ROM
    Das BAMF GingerRemix 2.0

    Default

    Still not working. It say file cannot be played on system player

    Lovin tha Thunder! Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
  5. #5  

    Default

    what format is the movie file??
  6. #6  
    robrecht's Avatar
    Pretty good member

    Posts
    919 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eishas View Post
    Is there an app or something I can use to make my videos play. ? I have a lot of videos that seem to have wmv for the file format that wont play. And also some 3gp videos wont play either

    Lovin tha Thunder! Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
    Just do a search on Market for a free player that works with those file formats. Moboplayer works with wmv and flv files, not sure about 3gp. There's several choices--not sure which ones are best.

    Thanks, Robrecht
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    eishas#AC's Avatar

    Posts
    35 Posts
    ROM
    Das BAMF GingerRemix 2.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akira751 View Post
    what format is the movie file??
    X-ms-wmv and 3gpp

    Lovin tha Thunder! Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    eishas#AC's Avatar

    Posts
    35 Posts
    ROM
    Das BAMF GingerRemix 2.0

    Default

    Is it a way to change the defauult option to view videos to one downloaded from market
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    eishas#AC's Avatar

    Posts
    35 Posts
    ROM
    Das BAMF GingerRemix 2.0

    Default

    is it a way to make a 3rd party app my default video viewer to replace the stock video app?
  10. #10  
    prakash99's Avatar

    Posts
    1,614 Posts
    ROM
    GummyNex 0.3.8

    Default

    Rock Player has played every format i have thrown at it so far, avi, mpg, flv, 3gp, wmv, mkv...

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  11. #11  
    prakash99's Avatar

    Posts
    1,614 Posts
    ROM
    GummyNex 0.3.8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eishas View Post
    is it a way to make a 3rd party app my default video viewer to replace the stock video app?
    When you try to open a video file from the file manager (I use Astro), it brings you a menu with different players. Click the box at the bottom where it says "default" and then choose the player you want. Same with streaming videos (those that offer you a choice of external players)

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  12. #12  

    Default

    I use rock player
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    eishas#AC's Avatar

    Posts
    35 Posts
    ROM
    Das BAMF GingerRemix 2.0

    Default

    I been using mobo player I think that's right.

    Lovin tha Thunder! Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    eishas#AC's Avatar

    Posts
    35 Posts
    ROM
    Das BAMF GingerRemix 2.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prakash99 View Post
    When you try to open a video file from the file manager (I use Astro), it brings you a menu with different players. Click the box at the bottom where it says "default" and then choose the player you want. Same with streaming videos (those that offer you a choice of external players)

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Mine didn't do that it went straight to mobo player. But I want it to play from mobo when I go thru the gallery or video part

    Lovin tha Thunder! Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
  15. #15  
    prakash99's Avatar

    Posts
    1,614 Posts
    ROM
    GummyNex 0.3.8

    Default

    Try opening the files from Astro.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  16. #16  
    prakash99's Avatar

    Posts
    1,614 Posts
    ROM
    GummyNex 0.3.8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eishas View Post
    Mine didn't do that it went straight to mobo player. But I want it to play from mobo when I go thru the gallery or video part

    Lovin tha Thunder! Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
    AFAIK you can only launch the native video player from the native gallery....Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

    You can choose your default player when you click on your video file from Astro file manager (maybe it works on other file managers too). Go to the folder where you have your video files. Click on the file or long press on it. It should bring up a list of players / apps. Check the box at the bottom where it says "choose by default for this action " and pick mobo player.

    For quick access to your videos from homescreen, you can add a shortcut on your homescreen to your video folder.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  
    eishas#AC's Avatar

    Posts
    35 Posts
    ROM
    Das BAMF GingerRemix 2.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prakash99 View Post
    Try opening the files from Astro.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Ok so, I deleted the Mobo player off, and went to play movie thru Astro like you recommended. Well it says it cannot find file 3gp or wmv. The videos only play thru an app like Mobo player .I don't understand why they wont play thru the default
  18. #18  
    prakash99's Avatar

    Posts
    1,614 Posts
    ROM
    GummyNex 0.3.8

    Default

    Im sorry i didn't make myself clear. I meant Astro file manager not Astro player.

    Don't delete Mobo player if that is your favorite

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  19. #19  
    prakash99's Avatar

    Posts
    1,614 Posts
    ROM
    GummyNex 0.3.8

    Default

    Here's the market link

    http://market.android.com/details?id=com.metago.astro

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  
    eishas#AC's Avatar

    Posts
    35 Posts
    ROM
    Das BAMF GingerRemix 2.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prakash99 View Post
    Im sorry i didn't make myself clear. I meant Astro file manager not Astro player.

    Don't delete Mobo player if that is your favorite

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    yeah I deleted it just to see if the video would play from that way , but I did use Astro File manager. I will just keep using Mobo I guess
  21. #21  
    prakash99's Avatar

    Posts
    1,614 Posts
    ROM
    GummyNex 0.3.8

    Default

    Yeah, i don't know how to make a video play on a 3rd party app from the gallery. The only way I know is through a file manager.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions