Videos wont play

eishas#AC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Is there an app or something I can use to make my videos play. ? I have a lot of videos that seem to have wmv for the file format that wont play. And also some 3gp videos wont play either

Lovin tha Thunder! Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

eishas#AC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Still not working. It say file cannot be played on system player

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Is there an app or something I can use to make my videos play. ? I have a lot of videos that seem to have wmv for the file format that wont play. And also some 3gp videos wont play either

Just do a search on Market for a free player that works with those file formats. Moboplayer works with wmv and flv files, not sure about 3gp. There's several choices--not sure which ones are best.

Thanks, Robrecht

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Rock Player has played every format i have thrown at it so far, avi, mpg, flv, 3gp, wmv, mkv...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
is it a way to make a 3rd party app my default video viewer to replace the stock video app?

When you try to open a video file from the file manager (I use Astro), it brings you a menu with different players. Click the box at the bottom where it says "default" and then choose the player you want. Same with streaming videos (those that offer you a choice of external players)

eishas#AC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
When you try to open a video file from the file manager (I use Astro), it brings you a menu with different players. Click the box at the bottom where it says "default" and then choose the player you want. Same with streaming videos (those that offer you a choice of external players)

Mine didn't do that it went straight to mobo player. But I want it to play from mobo when I go thru the gallery or video part

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Mine didn't do that it went straight to mobo player. But I want it to play from mobo when I go thru the gallery or video part

AFAIK you can only launch the native video player from the native gallery....Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

You can choose your default player when you click on your video file from Astro file manager (maybe it works on other file managers too). Go to the folder where you have your video files. Click on the file or long press on it. It should bring up a list of players / apps. Check the box at the bottom where it says "choose by default for this action " and pick mobo player.

For quick access to your videos from homescreen, you can add a shortcut on your homescreen to your video folder.

eishas#AC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Try opening the files from Astro.

Ok so, I deleted the Mobo player off, and went to play movie thru Astro like you recommended. Well it says it cannot find file 3gp or wmv. The videos only play thru an app like Mobo player .I don't understand why they wont play thru the default

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Im sorry i didn't make myself clear. I meant Astro file manager not Astro player.

Don't delete Mobo player if that is your favorite

eishas#AC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Im sorry i didn't make myself clear. I meant Astro file manager not Astro player.

Don't delete Mobo player if that is your favorite

yeah I deleted it just to see if the video would play from that way , but I did use Astro File manager. I will just keep using Mobo I guess

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie