Stuck on 1X after a update? Make sure you check this!

djremixed

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok, first post.
I wanted to write something because I spent the last 6 hours going through the Thunderbolt MR2 update. Went fine with a UNROOTED phone. When i came back up, I had no more LTE network.
After reading around more for an hour, I found out about the LTE driver updates ( [RADIO] HTC Thunderbolt Radios [PG05IMG.zip] (Updated: 8 June 2011)
[RADIO] HTC Thunderbolt Radios [PG05IMG.zip] (Updated: 8 June 2011) [Archive] - xda-developers Tried a few of those from stock and on, still not working. Then I found TB_Auto_root_MR1 to ROOT my phone and went through that but still no LTE (Rooted now). So frustrated, I was trying anything, then I found this to get my phone back to OEM stock.I am fine with that and started doing this from here ( [HOWTO] Restore to stock for root users and non-root users UPDATED 5/17/2011
) [HOWTO] Restore to stock for root users and non-root users UPDATED 5/17/2011 [Archive] - xda-developers

Got my phone to bare bone stock, STILL NO LTE!
So mad! I was like, “I'm going to update to the new version” (thank god I can do that now I was thinking in my head, "maybe this will get everything in line!"

Anyways, I started the download (on 1X mind you) it was like 20% done after like 5 minutes (slow much) and I started putting the battery cover on the back of the thunderbolt since it's been off since i copied my file to the SD card 6 hours earlier (not sure why i did that since i had the usb cable and could copy right to it from my pc using DISK Access on the usb prompt)

I flipped my phone around and the LTE network was back on!!! YEA! JOY!
Anyways, warning to all other newb's, like me! Watch out. If you want LTE, you need the battery cover plate on!

Good night!

AllisonR

May 30, 2011
Visit site
true that! I'm pretty sure they hid at least one of the antennas in the battery cover... I remember them saying that if you didn't put the battery back on after inserting the sim that it wouldn't activate correctly.

Sorry you had such a long and painful lesson!! Are things better now with the update?

djremixed

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I got back to the MR1 update that Verizon has out there now (The one on the OTA check updates) Been suck a big round circle that I am just happy my LTE is back. Brob going to wait for the OTA update to really come over the air. I'm one of the lucky few before updating my phone that didn't get the reboots (mine actually worked great except when moving from LTE to local WIFI) Going to stick with what I got for now.