Market App. hit Update All by mistake

Millzoid

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I clicked update in the Market app and I can't stop it now. There are 62 apps that are trying to download and install, bogging my phone WAY down. How do I stop it from continuing?

While I'm here and a separate issue. Sometimes the keyboard just doesn't work. I can type just fine, but nothing shows up in the text field. Tried switching keyboard apps, but it doesn't make a difference.

dannychaos

High Five Champion
Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
@Millzoid I've have had both problems before, the keyboard issue was only with my Droid Eris though. For the Market update issue if what Mordecaidrake's suggestion doesn't help well enough or you are lagging to much, just pull the battery, its not fancy or technical but it should help and for your keyboard issue, what keyboards do you use? If you use the stock htc input, just press back until you exit the app you are typing in completely. I found that when I was typing in the stock sms/mms app I would experience this on my Eris. On my Thunderbolt, my Swype keyboard wont type if i swype, i have to press, im not sure if this purtains to you but i think it my just be swype if you are.

I hope this info helps.

Millzoid

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Click the apps one by one and hit cancel. However why the hell haven't you kept your apps up to date?

Yea, I tried that and the cancel button was grayed out. I haven't been updating my apps cause most update them too often for something so minor. Like I said I hit the update all by mistake.

Anyways after a while the market app wouldn't open and just crashed every time. So I went in and cleared data and that seemed to do the trick.

Millzoid

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
@Millzoid I've have had both problems before, the keyboard issue was only with my Droid Eris though. For the Market update issue if what Mordecaidrake's suggestion doesn't help well enough or you are lagging to much, just pull the battery, its not fancy or technical but it should help and for your keyboard issue, what keyboards do you use? If you use the stock htc input, just press back until you exit the app you are typing in completely. I found that when I was typing in the stock sms/mms app I would experience this on my Eris. On my Thunderbolt, my Swype keyboard wont type if i swype, i have to press, im not sure if this purtains to you but i think it my just be swype if you are.

I hope this info helps.

I use flext9 keyboard. I also have swype, but it would happen to both. Once it happens it doesn't matter which keyboard I switch to. After a while it just works again, but it's pretty annoying.

Thanks for the help!

willymakit

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Keep up on your updates, no matter how small thats why they only take a few seconds to update, just let them go till done, then their done.

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Try uninstalling and reinstalling FlexT9.

Swype is in beta and does not work from time to time. I have seen this happening, but its intermittent.

CrotchBat

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Not like it's an iPod Touch with huge apps or long sync times, 99% of Android apps take 10 seconds to download and another 10 to install. No reason not to do it.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I do not subscribe to the notion that you should keep all apps up to date. Case in point there are apps that I have not updated in almost a year: Pandora, Droidlight, Instant Buttons, AndFTP to name a few: They all work fine. I always check the "change log" before deciding, most of the time they are updates to support other phones or fixes for other phones. Another reason to not update "blindly" is some apps have recently added annoying text notifications to their apps. I will however update apps with important updates such as Adobe Flash Player, LPP, Jorte, PowerAmp. I have about 30 apps of which a handful are kept up to date. By all means update apps with critical or important updates, but always read the change log and make an informed decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22