Thunderbolt questions - switch from iPhone

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I am nearing the end of my exchange period and I am considering changing to the Thunderbolt. I tried the Charge and I now have the iPhone, which I am more familiar with, however I kind some of the flexibility of Android and 4G too.

Here are a few questions to determine if the TB is worth making the switch to:

1. How many BT devices will the TB connect to at one time? I usually connect my iPhone to a BT headset and my car's BT. I have a 2 phone BT headset and 2 phones, and sometimes need to have it connected to both.
2. Will my Klipsch 3 button earphones with mic work properly with the TB? In otherwords, will the mic work and will all 3 buttons work to change volume, tracks, etc.?
3. I saw one user with an iMac issue. I'm not too concerned about making the connection, but will the TB easily sync with iTunes and iPhoto? All of my music and pix are there.

Are there any other inherent quirks with the TB I haven't thought about that another iPhone user may have experienced.

I have only a few days left on my unlimited exchange program with Best Buy. Quick responses are very much appreciated.

Thanks for any replies.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
3. I saw one user with an iMac issue. I'm not too concerned about making the connection, but will the TB easily sync with iTunes and iPhoto? All of my music and pix are there.
I use iSyncr to sync iTunes playlists from a Win7 PC to my TBolt and it works very well, and they've also written a version that works with Macs. I haven't tried photos, though. I just drag files from my desktop to the appropriate directory on the phone's SD card.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Since you obviously (to me) don't want to change your methods of operation, with a new OS (like syncing with iTunes and iPhotos), and that you have enumerated the two most important features to you, I'd recommend sticking with the iPhone4 with 3G.

-Frank

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the fence on this one. I can use something like iSyncr and am not opposed to it. The BT and earphones are my top 2 concerns. Has anyone had any experience with those 2 items?

lavrishevo

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
The best thing about the Bolt, imo, is LTE. Android's apps and OS are not as nearly polished as iOS and this was dissapointing to me. I had to go back with AT&T because of living in Puerto Rico and being told Verizon would work here at no additional charge, which turned out not to be the case. I spend a lot of time in the U.S. but live in PR. The amount of times apps crashed or would just slow to a crawl, little weird things happening is what I noticed. if I may use a car analogy iOS is like driving a BMW or Mercedes and Android feel like a Cadillac. Trying hard but cheap and unrefined. Widgets and custom looks is great and all but the inconsistencies and processes to go through to complete task is not nearly as fluid as iOS.

Now the 4G LTE was fantastic and I would prefer Verizon over AT&T but I have no choice at this time. Synching on Android is not nearly as nice but can be done. Just a heck of a lot more trouble. Anyway, just a few thoughts on my end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2