Gang -

After updating to MR2 and Flyweight, I see the VZW notice reminding me about location.

Seems to happen each time I turn it back on.

This normal?
    06-15-2011 06:41 AM
    you can check the box that says "Don't Show this again"................
    06-15-2011 07:05 AM
    Well, there is no 'chk box', just a 'never warn again' option.

Apparently, the msg is to remind us users that the phone has some location finder turned on and advise users to chk often for funny bizniss. And to be mindful of what software gets installed.

And that the bad things could happen as a result of location settings be turned on.
    06-15-2011 08:54 AM
    Unless you have been living in a cave most of us know or have seen the location/tracking issues with the iPhone and Google's Android devices.... so most of us do know about the turning on or off their location settings.

That's probably why this is the only thread I've read on this subject... ever!!!
    06-15-2011 09:16 AM
    Well, I did and do. But after I actually read this, thought it odd since it makes you ack each of the three tracking options...
    06-15-2011 09:21 AM
    Unless you have been living in a cave most of us know or have seen the location/tracking issues with the iPhone and Google's Android devices.... so most of us do know about the turning on or off their location settings.

That's probably why this is the only thread I've read on this subject... ever!!!
    No need to be a D*#K......guys was asking a simple question, instead of being a jerk, try to help, or don't say nothing at all.
    06-15-2011 09:53 AM
    No need to be a D*#K......guys was asking a simple question, instead of being a jerk, try to help, or don't say nothing at all.
    Wow... it was not meant as a "D*#K" response... but right back at your for call me one... AND not being helpful!!! I was just trying to state the fact that this is old news.
    06-15-2011 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD