Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.11 3++

Default VZW location notice when power up...

Gang -

After updating to MR2 and Flyweight, I see the VZW notice reminding me about location.

Seems to happen each time I turn it back on.

This normal?

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF 2.4.1 ADR

you can check the box that says "Don't Show this again"................
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.11 3++

Well, there is no 'chk box', just a 'never warn again' option.

Apparently, the msg is to remind us users that the phone has some location finder turned on and advise users to chk often for funny bizniss. And to be mindful of what software gets installed.

And that the bad things could happen as a result of location settings be turned on.

Unless you have been living in a cave most of us know or have seen the location/tracking issues with the iPhone and Google's Android devices.... so most of us do know about the turning on or off their location settings.

That's probably why this is the only thread I've read on this subject... ever!!!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.11 3++

Well, I did and do. But after I actually read this, thought it odd since it makes you ack each of the three tracking options...

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    Unless you have been living in a cave most of us know or have seen the location/tracking issues with the iPhone and Google's Android devices.... so most of us do know about the turning on or off their location settings.

That's probably why this is the only thread I've read on this subject... ever!!!
    No need to be a D*#K......guys was asking a simple question, instead of being a jerk, try to help, or don't say nothing at all.
    iPhone> Incredible> Thunderbolt> Galaxy Nexus> Moto RAZR

Quote Originally Posted by SF DINC View Post
    No need to be a D*#K......guys was asking a simple question, instead of being a jerk, try to help, or don't say nothing at all.
    Wow... it was not meant as a "D*#K" response... but right back at your for call me one... AND not being helpful!!! I was just trying to state the fact that this is old news.