Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC Sence

When I bought my phone online, I was told that the desktop, HTC Sence rotated into Landscape mode so the Icons were readable. (My DInc did not) I find out that is not the case unless there is a setting I do not know of. When I had my Storm that was what I liked, it did it. The Icons on the desktop rotated when moving from portrait to landscape and back.

Is there a App that does this for you?

Thanks.

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 RC1.2

Do you have menu>settings>display>auto rotate checked?
    -SoDev

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

the device wont do this stock you will have to run a custom rom to do it. I would like this as well but unfortunately we dont have it.

I have Launcher pro and although the dock does not move to the bottom during landscape, the icons do rotate
    Stephen
    The Incredible Nexus

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 RC1.2

Quote Originally Posted by R3dM0nd View Post
    the device wont do this stock you will have to run a custom rom to do it. I would like this as well but unfortunately we dont have it.
    My bad. Haven't been stock so long I didn't even remember.
    -SoDev

Global Posts
    846 Global Posts

I don't get why HTC won't make Sense Rotate on TouchScreen Only phones? They have it on the Desire Z, Evo Shift, and the Merge! So we all know it's possible. It's nice to use the phone as big as the TBolt WITH A KICKSTAND having the ability to be in Landscape mode.

Quote Originally Posted by BazzBro View Post
    I don't get why HTC won't make Sense Rotate on TouchScreen Only phones? They have it on the Desire Z, Evo Shift, and the Merge! So we all know it's possible. It's nice to use the phone as big as the TBolt WITH A KICKSTAND having the ability to be in Landscape mode.
    I'm quoting from here:
    BAMF Remix Extras: Let's Remix It Again [06.03.11] UPDATE: VZW/AM PM LS Nuke - xda-developers

"Some HTC widgets do not work correctly in landscape mode. This is the reason why the phone didn't ship with landscape Rosie and also the reason it was removed from BAMF Base & Remix."
    In other words, some of widgets don't work right right in landscape mode on the home screen, so HTC just disabled it in Sense. FWIW, I believe if you have an actual dock that you plug the phone into, landscape mode will work.

Not saying I agree with it, or if I even know it to be 100% true, but passing along what I have seen on the subject.
    Thanked by:
    SoDev 

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 RC1.2

That would make... Sense. Good stuff Pete.
    -SoDev