Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Salt Lake City 4G is active

4G is active in Salt Lake City, one day early.
    6.6 meg download.
    2.7 meg upload.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF 2.1 REMIX w/ MR2.5

Quote Originally Posted by gman101010 View Post
    4G is active in Salt Lake City, one day early.
    6.6 meg download.
    2.7 meg upload.
    YESSSSS!!!!!!

If only it would now make it's way down to Provo. Just another reason to leave happy valley.

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    ROM

Are you sure you're not pulling the signal from the airport? Unless it literally just went on, we haven't seen it downtown yet.

Global Posts
    848 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Last Ride... I am getting just over 10 down and 3 up everywhere but the basement of our office. It's on and not coming from the airport. I'll look outside to make sure, but we do work downtown...
    "In valor, there is hope."
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

I've enjoyed 4G throughout most of the valley today. I'm back home now, and I don't get it here....I live at Thanksgiving Point.

I also noticed I didn't have it while pumping gas at 11000 S. State. I did have it downtown, West Valley, Cottonwood Heights and the Fort Union area however.

I'm confident it will all go live tomorrow...Ogden to Provo.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF 2.1 REMIX w/ MR2.5

Quote Originally Posted by Last Ride View Post
    Are you sure you're not pulling the signal from the airport? Unless it literally just went on, we haven't seen it downtown yet.
    I've had it downtown since 7 am. all day with no breaks. I work downtown and have never had it here until today. its definately on. not the airport signal
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

They've had it at Temple Square for a long time. My office is at the Triad Center and I pick that up sometimes.

I work near the airport and was in 3G most of the day on and off (maybe its just the building location??). I live in Rose Park and have had 4G here since early this am. I was also at St Marks today and had 4G there. I couldn't be happier!!
    Also, Hubby had 4G all day in south salt lake! YAY!
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

It will be interesting to see how reception is in my building. It is an 8 story building, and we have several radio stations and a TV station broadcast from here. Plus, we have our own ISP and there is more radio waves here than you can imagine.

We have VZW 3G antenna's installed in the building, but I don't think we have 4G antennas. It will be interesting to see if 4G has solid penetration.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

How farnsouth will LTE go? I am around 11400 south 1300 east in sandy. Would my area be served?
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sauk View Post
    How farnsouth will LTE go? I am around 11400 south 1300 east in sandy. Would my area be served?
    I was in that area yesterday and had LTE.

I at home now and don't have it. I live right on the south end of the golf course at Thanksgiving Point. I'm about as far North as you can go in Utah County.

As I drive in to downtown SLC today I'll pay attention to where it turns on and off.