Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zog1977
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Every call no one can hear me!!!

As I stated every time I have a call the person on the other line can hear me initially however after random time elapses they hear nothing. I can hear them fine and it happens every single call. This has been going on for over a week now and it's quite annoying.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by duke3913 View Post
    As I stated every time I have a call the person on the other line can hear me initially however after random time elapses they hear nothing. I can hear them fine and it happens every single call. This has been going on for over a week now and it's quite annoying.
    Is it "going on" from the same calling location?

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

Are you using any kind of wired or bluetooth head set?
    Stephen
    The Incredible Nexus

Global Posts
    614 Global Posts

did you take the plastic off the phone?
    kurosenpai likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Location doesn't matter from what I've found and I have no bluetooth device. Tried turning off wifi, gps, etc and still drops my end every time.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Only thing on my phone is an extended battery

have you tried turning the phone around and talking in to the other end?

sorry, I just had to do it

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by duke3913 View Post
    Only thing on my phone is an extended battery
    Although this comment is not limited to the extended battery door, have you ensured the door is on tight with all the "clicks" hapening? The antenna on the TBolt is in the battery door. Otherwise, take it back to the store and see if it works there.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Battery door is on tight. After not hearing me I can usually call people right back and it'll work like normal for a few minutes before cutting out once again????? Not sure about the whole turning the phone around thing? Which end do you talk in? lol

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Have the same problems, so it"s just not yours....don't know the problem, but just have to hang up & call back every time it happens...and it happens frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Twenty Two View Post
    Have the same problems, so it"s just not yours....don't know the problem, but just have to hang up & call back every time it happens...and it happens frequently.
    I have the same problem. Happens maybe once or twice a month for me. It's annoying.

On the outside chance that you haven't thought to check, when this happens make sure you haven't accidently pressed the mute button. It's relatively easy to do - at least for me. The first couple of times I did it, it took me a few moments to realize what had happened and that that was why the person on the other end suddenly wasn't hearing me.

Default Re: Every call no one can hear me!!!

Just wondering if you found a solution to this problem with the Thunderbolt? I am having the same problem all of the sudden & can not find the cause.

Had the same problem, had to do a reboot every time it happened to be able to work again. But it happened so much that I just decide to go to the Verizon store since I was still on warranty and had it replace... Oh and no root or anything pure stock.. So if it's happening to you if still on warranty replace it..

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

Consider using an earpiece (Wired or BT) so you can watch the phone when this happens. When it does, try switching to speaker, then back to wire/BT or device during the call so it forces the device to change audio input circuit.

It happens to my Bolt but I found out it is caused by using the Player Pro music app. The did an update to the DSP attachment a few weeks ago and since then after I listen to a few of my favorit songs on Player Pro..in a call I can not be heard if I don't use Bluetooth or speakerphone until I soft reset the phone. I uninstalled the app and the phone functions fine in a call.
    So if you have Player Pro that could be the prob

Ok I have an android. And I think I might have deleted some type of voice command or something to that effect. And now when I make a phone call the person one the other end can't hear me unless its on speaker mode also when I try to use a voice command based app it doesn't work .. please help cause iam ready to flip out